Short Changed - ROMANCE

Title: Short Changed

Author: ray_of_sunshine9

Genre: Romance

Maturity warning: None

Blurb: Annabelle hadn't wanted to burn the restaurant down initially

In all honesty, she had been in a good mood. The food smelled great, the weather was perfect, and the boy she had met on Tinder looked like an absolute snack in all his pictures.

But then, he rocked up to the date half an hour late, without an apology. Worse yet, he didn't look anything like his Tinder photos.

In fact, he looked old enough to be her uncle.

Still, she has to admit that, while her date sucks, the food is tasty. Plus, the waiter is also pretty cute.

Besides, when that same waiter offers her a hand in serving some revenge to her catfishing date, Annabelle just can't say no.

Does this charming waiter spell trouble? Possibly.

But, surely, once revenge is served cold, there is always room for dessert, hey?

Why we love it: Now this is a proper summer read. It's lighthearted, humorous, with relatable characters and a ton of silly things happening to them. It has a lovely storyline that has you rooting for the main character, Annabelle, right off the bat. It's one of those books that you pick up while sitting in the sun by the swimming pool and just finish in one go, just to see if Annabelle makes the right decision in the end.

This story is very much character-driven. And that's absolutely perfect when you have characters like Annabelle and Luca the waiter. Having moved to the big city recently and still trying to figure out their place in this new world, they are both incredibly relatable. Their interactions (both with each other and other characters) are adorable and almost always hilarious. You'll read this story with a smile on your face. We recommend it to anyone looking for a lighthearted summer read.

Congratulations on an amazing book, ray_of_sunshine9. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?