The Call

It was just like any other day for Nene but today she has to wake up very early.

Since the summer is now over, she has to prepare and get herself ready for school.

To be honest, she doesn't feel like going today. Why?

Because one, she is lazy. And second, she's scared to go.

It's not like a bully is waiting for her at school gate like in the typical high school drama. No, she didn't get bullied at school. She is rather doing ok.

It's just that, summer went by so quickly that she didn't even realized it has already over.

Which was why, she forgot about her homework.

Yes, she was nervous because she didn't do her homework. Nene can already imagine the angry faces of her teachers when they asked her about their work during the summer.

She was planning to do them a week before the end of summer but she then changed her plan to a day before summer ends

She supposedly to do them yesterday but the devil must have whispered to her ear and as the results, she was just reading mangas all day without even a slight thought of the homeworks she was supposed to complete.

It wasn't her. The mangas were to blame

She now have to think of an excuse to save herself from the teachers rampage .

As Nene was drown in her thoughts, she almost tripped on a rock which she didn't realized was infront of her

The streets were completely dark. Only the street lamps became her source of light.

When she said she had to wake up early today, she meant super early.

She was hoping maybe she could do some of the homeworks by going to school early. She's sure she can't possibly finish all of them in a short amount of time but doing some of them is actually better than handing the teachers empty excercise books

Atleast she could come up with a valid excuse

' I was busy during the summer '

' I left my books at school while I was away during the summer '

' I didn't know we have homeworks'

Nene walked down the street heading to the bus stop.

Since it was early morning, the atmosphere was rather eerie. Her surroundings was pitch black and she could only make out shadows from the distance.

Nene was hasitate at first but since she had come all the way here, she had no choice but to stay there. It's already too late to go back anyway.

Nene sat at the bus stop and waited for the bus. The bus would arrived at around 6:30. She checked her phone and it's just 6:25.

It's her first time taking the bus to school. Usually, her parents would drive her but her parents probably wouldn't want to drive her too early. They would asked her 'Why?' then she would have to spill the truth. That would be the end of her.

As if being scolded by the teachers weren't enough.

The bus supposed to arrive in 6 minutes. She had a little time to start with the homeworks right now.

But looking around at her surroundings, she had a feeling that probably wouldn't be the best choice.

She felt like she's being watched.

Nene's eye darted around looking at the shadows around her. She could make out some big and small trees in front of her.

If someone hides there, Nene probably wouldn't have noticed