JSJ: Chapter 1

"Quinn!!! Get down here right this minute, your going to be late on your first day," yelled my mother, Ruby, as I quickly grabbed my blue backpack and ran downstairs to the kitchen.

I will not risk giving a bad impression by being late on the first day!!!

"Whoa, slow down Quinn! You could have hurt yourself!!" Ruby said, very over-dramatically I may add as I sat down on my chair.

Something smells good in here!

"All I did was jump over the last 5 steps on the stairs. Big deal," I said as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Hey Quinn, fancy seeing you here this early," said my older brother, Robert, as he fluffed my hair on his way to his chair.

I cannot express how much I HATE when he does that, after hours and hours of fixing my hair just for him to end up putting his germ filled, slimy and probably unwashed hands on it.

Just no.

"Be quiet," I told him as I rolled my eyes again.

My brother was a year older than me, however we were in the same grade, 12th year.

"Quinn, what did I tell you about rolling your eyes," said my mother as she gave me a serious look.

"Sorry," I muttered as I looked down at my plate and began eating what was supposedly pancakes.

Except these ended up looking more like blobs instead of nice round circular ones.

And we ran out of syrup recently so we had to use strawberry jelly instead.

Well...

Lets just say this was not a great way to start the day.

^^^^^^^^

"Have a good day at school guys," said Ruby as she waved us goodbye from her red car.

"Bye-bye," I said as I turned around to face my new school.

WHOA!!

A tall building stood in front of my eyes, with the words, Lion High-School, written on the top of the massive building.

I'm about 5'4, very short for my age, I know.

But I've definitely seen worse, people 5'0 or 5'2 my age and trust me when I say I am not complaining about my height or anything but...

It's just not fair.

As I look at my surroundings, students of all ages and heights gather around the school building, already talking to someone even though it's just the first day.

Most of the girls here my age though look like 5'5 and 5'7.

Some are even 5'10!!

"Well Quinn, see you after school!!" said Robert as he ran off towards a group of boys.

SEE, even Robert already made friends!!!

I could use some right now...

As I look around, I start getting anxiety from the thought of meeting new people and seeing new faces and not knowing anyone here.

Well, besides my brother of course.

But he doesn't really count.

A few minutes later, the building finally opened up as I literally RAN inside.

No, not speed walking, running as in like the flash.

You know, the dude that wears red?

And runs EXTREMELY fast??