(Roger x James) Won't You Dance With Me? Please?

"Annie's pretty neat, isn't she?" James huffed, crossing his arms. They'd had this argument before, James was still upset about it though.

"Oh, this again! It was months ago, I was only dancing!" Roger attempted to reason, at this point frustrated with James for insisting on riving the argument that, in Roger's eyes, had already been resolved.

"She turned you on!" James insisted, trying to hide his hurt with anger. It was true though, Roger blushing in shame.

"I was only dancing!" Roger repeated, knowing he couldn't dispute the claim without lying. And he didn't want to lie to James.

"You wanted her!" James threw his hands up, as he did when he was frustrated.

"Don't get me wrong! I was only dancing!" Roger told him again, hoping it if he hammered it into James' head enough he'd understand.

"I was watching from the stairs"

"James, you're everyone that ever cared" Roger said softly, carefully putting his hand on James' cheek.

"Oh sweet Jesus you have a way with words!" James yelled, looking considerably calmer though. He leaned into Roger's hand, still glaring at him a bit though.

"She turned me on, but I was only dancing" Roger admitted, rubbing James' cheek. Roger felt bad for even telling him, though he knew he should probably be honest with him. "Won't you dance with me? Please?" He smiled gently, moving his hand from James' cheek, tracing his fingers down his neck, across his shoulder, down his arm and grabbing his hand.

"Dammnit! All right!" James caved, gripping Roger's hand. James wasn't very good at dancing; in fact he was bad it. Roger wold lead him though, as he was at least better than him. His skills had deteriorated since he left school and his past use of joy didn't help him remember how to dance.

Roger let go of James' hand, putting it on his waist and the other on his shoulder. James followed along, putting the opposite hand on Roger's waist and his other hand on his shoulder. Roger smiled, stepping back, James stepping forward. James always got flustered when they danced, as Roger basically had to lead him around to make sure James wouldn't stumble over his own feet; or even Roger's feet, or basically anything that touched the ground (including the air).

Roger gently pushed the on button of the record player with the tip of his shoe, "Dead of Winter" beginning to play. Neither of them particularly liked the song, but it was one of the only records they had on hand. Roger could never remember the exact steps to any dance, so he'd just put anything in any order and James would follow.

Roger stepped to the right, James stepped to the left. Roger pulled him closer, the permanent smile on his mask turning into something more of a mischievous grin. Roger stepped back, crossing his leg behind his other leg. James did the opposite, stepping forward and crossing his leg in front of the other. Roger grabbed James' hand from his waist, pulling him into a spin. He pulled James close to him again, Roger's chest facing his back.

Roger kissed James' cheek, smiling. James blushed, looking away for him. He relaxed in the embrace despite his embarrassment.

"Love you, Moo" Roger purred, tightening his grip around him.

"I love you too, Roger..." James mumbled, tugging at Roger's arms to try to get to loosen his arms.

"Sorry" he whispered, loosening his hug. "Are... are we good now?" He asked, resting his chin on James' shoulder.

"Of course we are, pup..." James told him, smiling gently. Roger smiled- genuinely- not the fake smile plastered onto their silicone masks or the kind that Joy puts on your face. He tugged him back into a dance by the hand. James stumbled, huffing in slight annoyance. Roger laughed softly, putting his hands in the other's, intertwining their fingers.

Roger stepped to the right, crossing one leg over the other to do so. James followed, stepping to the left, crossing his legs just like Roger did. Roger stepped to the right, uncrossing his legs as he did so. James attempted to follow, tripping over his own feet. Roger caught him, giggling.

"I think that's enough dancing for today." Roger teased, helping him stand up.

"Oh, shut up, you" James huffed, crossing his arms.

End