𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐯𝐲 𝐬𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦

LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE !
chapter one ―― the navy system

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE ! ❜chapter one ―― the navy system

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ JOSH SAT IN HIS ROOM, laying on his bed, tossing a baseball into the air and catching it again as music played

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ JOSH SAT IN HIS ROOM, laying on his bed, tossing a baseball into the air and catching it again as music played. He had been asked to join his friends for a night out but he didn't really want to go - he had spent most of the day at the batting cages and he was ready to get some rest in.

He had told them he had to watch his younger siblings since his parents had plans for a date and they let the nanny have the night off - it was a lie but it got them off his back for the night. He had been laying there for almost an hour, tossing the ball into the air, as the sounds of screaming people echoed through the house followed by the sound of his brothers cheering.

He turned his music up and pushed himself up from his bed, just as his door flew open and his little sister ran in, a wide smile on her face. "Josh!" She shouted, running towards him and he squatted down so they were closer to the same height. "Rita and I are making cookies, you wanna help?"

"Of course I do." He smiled, scooping her up into his arms as he stood up. "What kind of cookies are we making?" He asked as he carried her out of his room.

"Um . . . chocolate chip." She smiled, holding onto his shoulders as he walked down the stairs.

"My favorite." He grinned and her smile widened. As they ascended the stairs the screams and the sound of a chain saw grew louder - Greg and Keithie had taken over the living room with their internally too violent game. "Are you two deaf?" He asked, thumping Greg's ear as he walked by him.

"Hey!"

"Turn it down." He told them before he continued into the kitchen, the volume went down a few numbers but it was still entirely too loud. But he knew it was pointless to argue with them - he'd given up that battle a long time ago. "Hey, Rita." He greeted the nanny as he walked into the kitchen, sitting Becky on the counter. Rita gave a simple nod as she rushed around the kitchen, getting all the stuff she needed to make the cookies out. "If you're busy, I can make cookies with Becky."