chapter one

chapter one

"hurry girls! we are leaving in 10 minutes!" laurel yelled from the stairs.

"i'll be right there!" i yelled back while frantically closing my suitcase due to the fact that i stole some of belly's things.

i wasn't really focused on anything. i was only focused on why my parents weren't driving me to cousins beach and how i was finally going to cousins beach again. the best time of the year was summer. only reason was because i would get to see my bestfriends of like literal birth.

i finally zipped up my overpacked suitcase and knocked on belly's door. "hurry up we're leaving!" i knocked again.

"okay okay i got it lori. i'll be right there." i started walking down the stairs with thoughts in my head. i just couldn't express how excited i was for this. i didn't have any words to really fulfill what i was feeling. i loved going to that beach house every summer. getting there, smelling the ocean and walking into the house. helping susannah with baking cakes and gossiping with her, helping adam figure out what bait would be the best to catch fish, seeing jeremiah and finally listening to his cheesy stories, seeing conrad and loving how he would treat me and show affection toward me. it was those little things that made me love going back to that one beach house every single year.

i got to the car, realizing that steven was driving which made me wonder how he was even trusted with a car. cause last time i remember, he crashed it and broke the bumper when we were at cousins. but that's besides the point. i called shotgun before belly could even close the door behind her and she flipped me off as she heard me in the distance.

"belly!" laurel yelled at her.

"i'm sorry." she simply replied, not wanting to argue.

"i'm done with your shit lori! admit it, you've had a crush on conrad fisher for the longest time!"

"i agree with steven! it's so obvious."

"what are you guys talking about? i do not like conrad and he doesn't like me. end of story."

"bug, i love you and all but it's okay to admit you find conrad attractive. you guys are destined for eachother." laurel pitched in aswell.

"ugh laurel!" i said as i covered my face with the blue blanket i had on me.

i hated how they knew i liked conrad. it was like they could see right through me. knowing all my lies and loving to use them against me. i hated how they actually knew me. but how could you blame me? conrad was always there for me and was so admirable and he did everything a man would need to do to get a women. i don't know how to say it but i did like him. and like steven said, i've liked him for the longest time. probably since we were 8 or 9. i never tried to hint we should get together and neither did he. it was always our loving families that would do that for us.