The Sunny Day Thunder

Sonic the Hedgehog was laying on a hall, staring up at the clouds. It had a been a week after the Metal Virus incident, and Sonic was tired of running for a while. Literally tired, he spent a good 3 out of the 7 days just sleeping. Tails had to check occasionally to see if the blue blur was even still alive. Now, Sonic was just happy to be able to take a breath that wasn't being followed by either his lungs turning to metal or the winds rushing against his body as he tried to outrun the Metal Virus. Tails had determined that while Sonic was running, the Chaos Energy he was generating was enough to temporarily stave off the virus. He came to that conclusion after watching the virus completely disintegrate upon Sonic transforming into Super Sonic.

That was in the past though, and the now...well the now is fantastic. The gentle breeze, the bright clearly sky, the thunderstorm...

Wait, thunderstorm? Sonic thought to himself as he looked over at the bolts of thunder shooting from the sky as a mysterious white electric bolt streaked across the sky like a shooting star. Following it's course with his eyes, Sonic saw that it was heading for Seaside City and got to his feet, running to try and keep up or even get ahead of the mysterious comet. Something that caught him for a loop was that whatever this thing was, it was faster than Sonic for a while.

After trailing it for a minute, Sonic noticed three things. The object slowed extremely first off, to the point where Sonic was getting well ahead of it. The second thing he noticed was that the object changed color, instead of being white it shifted to a vibrant purple. The bolts ceasing to percolate off the object. The final thing Sonic noticed was the object rapidly dropped from the sky, a sudden loss of velocity and energy seemingly being a detriment to it's ability to stay aloft in the air. The object...no wait it's a person, yes Sonic can clearly see that it's a person within this purple blur. The person emitting this energy tried to maintain their speed by running on the water. Trying to leap and maintain this energy charge with a form of levitation. Similar to the Super form's inherent flight ability, but with something off about it.

The figure tripped and skipped across the water, like a thrown stone. The energy surge around them flickering out of existence as they practically pile drived face first into the sands of Seaside Beach, screeching to a halt. Sonic hopped with a spin jump and landed next to the person, checking to see if they were okay. Immediately, Sonic could see that this person was a hedgehog like him and Shadow. When Sonic placed his fingers to check for a pulse on the hedgehog, he wasn't getting anything. Whoever this hedgehog was, they ran themselves into unconsciousness and needed immediate medical attention. Thankfully, they landed in Seaside City, which has the best detectives Sonic knows just around the block.

"Alright, just hang tight dude. I'll take you to the Chaotix and we'll take you to a hospital," Sonic said as he lifted the hedgehog over his shoulders like a fireman and begin to start running. While he was running, he was looking at what this other hedgehog looked like. He had mostly green quills, with black streaks intermixed with the green on his head. He also saw that this hedgehog had a yellow patch on his chest in the shape of a diamond. He had white gloves on with bracers that looked like Shadow's inhibitor rings, and on his feet were black and purple shoes that looked like hybrids of Sonic's own running shoes and Knuckles's bulky boots.

This is weird... especially with how erratic his speed fluctuated. Sonic thought to himself, recalling the drastic slowdown this hedgehog had when he was flying through the sky with that energy of his. He carried the mysterious Hedgehog to the Chaotix Detective Agency and kicked the door to knock at it. Espio the Ninja Chameleon opened the door to meet Sonic, immediately stopping his pre-emptive greeting upon seeing Sonic carrying an unconscious person over his shoulders.

"Who's that?" Espio asked immediately.

"Not sure. Just know that his heart stopped. Need Vector to give CPR," Sonic replied immediately, Espio moving out of the way and letting Sonic bring the person in and toss him onto Vector's desk. The Crocodile believing for some reason that Sonic had just dropped an actual dead body into his desk.

"Sonic! Who's this?!" Vector freaked out.

"Don't worry! He's alive! He just needs a jumpstart. His heart needs to start back up," Sonic quickly calmed down.

"Ohhh. Alright. Lemme just get a good wack in," Vector said as he walked up, winding his shoulder back and forth as he raised his arm over his head. He brought his fist down, the hedgehog's body reacting to the impact like a ragdoll. His arms and legs flipping upwards before limply falling back down. Once again, Vector brought his hand down onto the hedgehog's chest. The same result occurred, the arms and legs flopping up then back down. This time, Vector really put his back into this. Bringing both hands down onto the person's chest, the slight beat of the heart beginning to start back up. The still body begins rising and falling, he's breathing now too.

One large gasp and the person's eyes opened, revealing yellow irises to match the yellow patch on his chest. He sat up suddenly, looking around towards the Chaotix and Sonic. Once his breath returned to him, there's only one phrase that he utters.

"Why did you do that...my heart needs to stay stopped...."