𝟏𝟑. 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐏𝐢𝐞

"I'm sorry you had to go through something like this just because of me." Heeseung apologised as he focused on the road ahead.

"Why are you apologising? It was no one's fault." Seonhee replied from the passenger seat.

"I'm glad you agreed to going back to your mother's place for a break. You'll be safe there." He smiled while placing a glance at her.

"Not so sure about that. I'd rather just die at the hands of a killer." She replied taking him by surprise.

"Is there something you want to share?" He asked hesitantly.

"No." She replied firmly.
"Just don't talk to my mom too much. I'll look for a place to rent for my self in some days." She instructed and he nodded without a question.

▪︎♡▪︎

"There were more than one?" Kiarra lifted her eyebrows as she talked on the phone with Soobin.

"Why aren't you letting me look into the case directly....?" Kiarra whined.

"I'll let you know if I need your help. For now you need to rest. Goodbye, talk to you later." He disconnected the call before she could say anything. She sighed in frustration and ran a hand through her hair.

"How's your fever?" She inquired while walking towards Sunghoon who layed on the couch since he was getting bored in the bedroom.

"I don't know. It just feels the same to me." He answered while ending with a cough.
"But I can walk around now at least."

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked and he nodded.

"Let's get ice cream." He suggested and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Ice cream with a chest infection? Are you alright?" She chuckled in response.

"No. I'm crazy in your love." He gave her a flirtatious smile and she rolled her eyes that.

"Anyways. Go to sleep. I'm working on something so just call me if you need anything." She instructed while getting up.

"No!! Don't go!!" He whined making her stop in her footsteps.
"Now what?" She asked with a sigh.

"I want to go somewhere. I feel more homesick than actually sick." He pleaded.

"At this time? Plus it's raining." She replied and went ahead.

"I heard there's a 24 hour sauna in town. It would help with my breathing." He looked at him with puppy eyes and she gave in with a frustrated.

"Okay....get dressed." She agreed and celebrated with a clap.

▪︎♡▪︎

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Choi." Heeseung bowed after placing Seonhee's suitcases down.

"Is this handsome young man your boyfriend?" Seonhee's mom asked and she pursed her lips at her.
"Anyway, what took you so long? You've been on the road since morning." Her mom inquired as they went inside.

"Traffic." She simply replied and went ahead towards her room.

"You can stay in this room." She pointed towards the guestroom.

"No....I'll sleep in the car." He replied with an awkward smile.

"Are you crazy?" Seonhee shook her head and went in her room.

"Seonhee's never brought a guy home before. You must be special to her." Mrs. Choi commented as they sat on the dining table.

"I'm glad to know she thinks of me as her friend." Heeseung chuckled in response as he finished the last bits off of his plate.

"Haven't you eaten anything before?" Seonhee pursed her lips at him.

"What? Your mom's cooking is good." He replied.

"No it's not." She retorted.

"So what's the occasion? Are you moving back or did just came to see me?" Her mom inquired and she sighed in response.

"There's some renovation going on at the university so the principal gave us some days off." Seonhee answered in an uninterested manner.

"Do you think I don't read the news? I always told you that job was pointless. You're wasting your degree. Look at your brother. He's the head of his department. And you're not even a proper teacher. You're the teacher's assistant." Her mother criticized her on the same topic since always.

"Mother. How many times do I have to repeat myself? I am not my brother." Seonhee gritted her teeth as she gripped onto the fork tightly.

"I'm sorry to interrupt Mrs. Choi but this apple pie is really delicious." Heeseung tried to divert the conversation.

"Stop lying it tastes like shit. She never makes good apple pie and she knows I hate it." Seonhee spat and threw the fork on the table before running off to her room.

_____________________________________