one

Elizabeth POV

Holy shit. I can't believe this was happening to me, my whole life I've been waiting for this to happen. To be noticed and famous, it felt strange but accomplished. I could barely see with the constant flashes of light, and the loud constant shouting of my name from the paparazzi. I could feel my heart pounding on my chest and my head, feeling like it was being squeezed, Im gonna throw up.

It was too much.

"Hey, I'm here." Words of encouragement came out of Robbie, my long-time Fiancé. As of now, we've been together for over 8 years but we met when we were only 12, he's only 3 years older than me but he's 2 inches shorter. I used to tease him that he was part Oompa Lumpa when we were young, he never liked it but it's fine, it's funny.

He never usually comes to awards like these, It's strange seeing him here but I'm thankful he is though.

I laughed to myself, nodding at Robbie before walking to one of the reporters in the stands. A young woman perhaps in her mid-20s, with curly blonde hair with a really low voice that kept me off guard for a second. "Congratulations on your Oscar nomination Elizabeth." She said I nodded my head thanking her. 

"Of course, your work in Ingrid goes West was outstanding!" She said, I nodded my head. I was never really good with interviews like these "Thank you." She probably thinks I'm an ass for not saying anything else. Should I say something else or- no, no I don't need to. 

"Tell me about your character.." The rest of the interview was a blur, One moment I was outside talking to Lila, the name of the reporter. After the Interview, my manager Cynthia lead me to the award showroom but not before I could get a few interviews with the reporters. 

I may have been so engrossed in the Interview I had hardly noticed that the ceremony was just ready to start. 

Inside The Dolby Theatre was truly a breathtaking build, the walls were lined with gold, and the red rows of seats were all filled with A-listers and B-listers all hoping for a chance to get their hands on an Award. I could only make out a few celebrities in the room since the light had been dimmed down. 

"Lizzie over here." Rhonda my agent and a long-time best friend used to be an Agent for Natalie Portman but quit when I started getting into the acting business. Rhonda was good at her job, she knew what would be best for my image, she had experience and she knew me ever since we were 5. She whispered behind me motioning me to sit on the empty seat right next to her. I sent her a small smile following her order. 

The theatre was loud perhaps even louder than outside Rhonda and Robbie already started their conversations probably talking about what would we do to celebrate if I had won. As long as I've known Rhonda was never one to like any of my relationships but it was always different with Robbie, she wasn't all too friendly, in fact, Rhonda was the one who told me that Boyd was bad news. 

She was right.

"Hey Lizzie" Robbie pointed out "Is that Johnny Depp?" his words were slurred I could barely understand him, I was too preoccupied with trying to breathe. I always was nervous during things like these It was always kind of obvious, even worse award shows.

I could barely even make a statement If my name was called up right now. I'm pretty sure I would just embarrass myself even further, standing in front of the stage like a penguin.

A few minutes went by and the noise had died down a bit, one of the hosts for the show came up and one by one named all the awards that would be given, after that it was all kind of bliss. Midway Cynthia had left to grab some food because my stomach had gone hungry.