nothing new

Ariel lived with her mother, Alana. Even before ariel was born, Alana and Poseidon parted ways because of difficulties. Ariel didn't get the chance to meet her father but when she turned 5 her mother went to Poseidon's kingdom and introduced Ariel to him. Poseidon knew he had a child with Alana but didn't father the child since he also had a child with another woman. Ariel was shocked after knowing that she has two more siblings in her father side it hard for Ariel to accept since she knew that she was her father's only child but she has no choice but to take it all. Years passed and after Ariel's 10th birthday she lost connection with her father, her mother met another guy named Jack, he's nice and brought gifts for Ariel. She was happy because after years someone will stand up as her father but little did she know that's when her life will go down hill. After her grandmother passed away Jack moved in to their house, she noticed the changes in her mother's action. Days, weeks, and months passed by her mother changed from a loving mother to someone you cannot recognize anymore she was brutal and her words pierced deep in to Ariel's heart, she didn't know what happened that led her mother to change.

One day, Jack said there's a surprise for Ariel, she was delighted with the thought of surprise since its been years since she hadn't heard anyone say they have a surprise for her. Jack made Ariel hug her mother and asked what the surprise is and she felt her bump, she didn't know how to react that was long ago, now she's babysitting her two siblings. The responsibility of taking care of her siblings has been passed to her since their parents became absent in their lives its either their busy with each other or just doesnt want to deal with kids. Ariel didn't experience much because of the responsibility to take care of her siblings, she envies other children who enjoy their lives without worrying about their siblings.

As Ariel grows older, she searches for freedom in her life, but she knows that nothing will change and that she will still be trapped in the life she has, but she tries to protect whatever is left in her and hopes to be free from all the emotional baggages she carry. She dreams of people listening to her cries for freedom but its Ariel life, she knows there is nothing new.