ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

I glared at the boy, my anger boiling over as I approached him with clenched fists

I glared at the boy, my anger boiling over as I approached him with clenched fists. The adrenaline pumping through my veins fueled my actions as I unleashed a powerful punch towards his face, aiming to teach him a lesson. However, to my surprise, he swiftly evaded my blow, effortlessly sidestepping my attack.

His nimble reflexes were astonishing, and before I could react, he retaliated with lightning speed. With a swift motion, he expertly maneuvered behind me and delivered a powerful strike to my back, causing me to stumble and crash heavily onto the unforgiving ground. The impact sent a sharp jolt of pain coursing through my body, leaving me momentarily disoriented.

As I tried to regain my composure, the boy wasted no time. His eyes gleamed with a dangerous intensity as he closed in on me, his determination evident. Before I could fully recover, he closed the distance between us and landed a solid punch right in my eye, causing me to groan out in pain. The force of the blow overwhelmed me, and I felt myself losing control.

Just as the fight seemed to be reaching its climax, a voice cut through the chaotic scene. Meiying, a close friend who always had my back, yelled at both of us, her voice filled with concern and worry. Her intervention disrupted the intensity of the moment, and the raucous crowd began to quiet down, their attention shifting to the unfolding situation.

Through the haze of pain, I heard Meiying's familiar voice asking if I was okay. She reached out, gently holding my hand to examine the damage to my eye. However, my pride and frustration overwhelmed any sense of gratitude or vulnerability, and I snarled at her, pushing her away with a dismissive wave of my hand.

"Leave me alone," I growled, my voice filled with a mix of anger and embarrassment. The sting of my own words lingered in the air, reminding me of the regret that would surely follow once the adrenaline subsided.

Not long after, another voice broke through the tense silence. It was Harry, a friend who had witnessed the altercation. Concern laced his words as he called out to me, trying to offer his support. However, I couldn't bear the weight of their worry and pity. Frustrated with myself and the situation, I snapped at Harry as well.

"You too, Harry, leave me alone," I hissed, my tone laced with bitterness. With that, I felt myself sinking into solitude, consumed by the pain in my eye and the weight of my emotions. Slowly, I mustered the strength to stand up, feeling the ache in my body as I made my way home, each step a reminder of my failed attempt at retribution.

 Slowly, I mustered the strength to stand up, feeling the ache in my body as I made my way home, each step a reminder of my failed attempt at retribution