1.0

i'm currently sitting on the corner of my bed, thinking about what my life decisions had come too. my friend paige had invited me to this birthday party or something at the tiktok group 'hype house' that she had joined.

i don't really have a clue of who's in it really and i'm not a social girl. i'm the girl who just stands in the corner wanting to leave as soon as i can but i can't leave paige she invited me to stay the night.

i don't even know who's birthday it is. i just got invited and knowing it's an influencers birthday party it's just going to be surrounded with so many people. i'm a year older than paige but she's a social girl and might leave me during the night.

i get up and start doing my hair leaving my curls down. applying my makeup only being natural not full glam as i had no point into impressing anyone at this party. searching through my closet i find a dress that i haven't ever worn but when i did it was showing all my curves.

i put the dress on and looked at myself in the mirror. my eyes lit up, smiling at myself while turning. i looked good usually i don't have this confidence but this dress made me feel amazing.

 i looked good usually i don't have this confidence but this dress made me feel amazing

paige was picking me up anytime now. i grabbed everything that i needed for the night. i didn't need to pack a bag of clothes, she already has most of my clothes from when she comes to my place.

i lock up the house and wait for her outside, i see her car pull up and i slightly jogged up to her passenger side getting into the car. "wow y/n you look amazing" i blush at hearing those words and i turn smiling at her.

"thanks, you look hot yourself" looking at her outfit and looking forward to where she was driving. she smiles and turns her music up. the whole ride is just going to be silent as we usually like that.

-arriving-

paige and i had just arrived at the house. the music was so loud you could hear it inside the car. the house was literally a mansion my eyes widened seeing people all at the front of the place.

"paige. i don't know if i can do this" panic takes over me. my palms were sweating, rubbing them onto my dress trying to calm myself down. "y/n you got this. it's fine we will get a drink and then it will be fine" she reassures me grabbing my hand.

i look up at her and nod my head. she lets go and climbs out the car. i follow her quickly getting out and walking towards her. the music was louder outside it was terrible but i couldn't do anything about it.

we walk into the front door together. she grabs onto my hand. "YO PAIGE" i hear someone shout over this loud music, she drags me along with her to the male voice.

we come to a stop and i look up seeing a crowd of boys and three other girls with them. "guys this is y/n my best friend" she gestures me to them. they all say hi to me and i just awkwardly wave at them.

"here you look like you need this" this girl passes me a drink, she was pretty her eyes especially were a green or blue colour i don't know. "thank you" i pop the bottle out and take a huge gulp.

"i'm tabitha by the way but you can call me tabs" she smiles at me. her smile was a genuine kind one not a forced one. "it's nice to meet you" i smile at her holding my drink tight.

i search around for paige, she was gone. she left me and she promised me she wouldn't. but i knew it was going to happen either way, i'm just holding her back from people.

i awkwardly stand in the corner by myself, losing all my confidence. grabbing my phone going onto it as i had nothing else to do. i was getting really bored and having a major headache from the music.

i decided to give myself a break from my phone. i look up from my phone, my eyes connected with this really cute boy across the room. he had curly long hair with tattoos all over his arms, he smiled at me.

i immediately get flustered and smile back. just looking at each other i felt a spark but i'm not even going to be able to approach him. that's when i start to see him making his way towards me.

i start to panic and walk into the crowd trying to find somewhere i can stay by myself. i asked upon people where the bathroom was but i stumbled into someone's room.

it was nice in here. a gaming set up with led lights. they had a cat play area that's when my eyes spot the bathroom. i quickly walk into it and closed the door looking at myself in the mirror.

why'd i walk away from that cute guy. my social anxiety is building up. i take a deep breath and open the door walking out into the bedroom.

i glance at the room once again and i leave the bedroom not wanting to intrude the persons privacy. my body jolts out of shock when i see the guy standing outside the door.

"hi" he says looking at me giving me a smile. i look up at him, he was tall. "um hi" i say giving him an awkward smile. "what ya doing in my room?" he says raising his eyebrows.

i freeze. that was his room "im so sorry, i didn't know. i just needed to go to the bathroom and get away from all this music and everyone here-" he cuts me off. "i was just joking don't worry about it. you're welcome to use my bathroom whenever you want" he smiles at me.

his smile was so calming i nodded my head. "my names-" someone pulls him away before he could tell me who he was. "cmon time to sing" his friend says pulling him away from me. he turns his head to look at me and he waves quickly.

i wave back shyly. i walk back into the main area everyone was. searching for paige, i couldn't see her anywhere. i started to panic once again not wanting to have an anxiety attack. "hey y/n" i hear and i turn to see tabitha.

"hi. thank god you came up to me. i was about to literally have a panic attack" i state trying to pace my voice from being shaky. she hugs me "it's okay i'm here now let's go over to the cake where they are singing happy birthday" she lets go and holds my hand walking me over to the cake.

that's when my eyes locked with the same boy once again. his smile widens "y/n. what was that" tab says giving me a smile. i shrug my shoulders "i just met him before but i didn't catch his name".

she smiles once again "that's-" she gets cut off when everyone starts singing happy birthday. everyone keeps cutting them off when i'm trying to find his name out.

they finished singing happy birthday and shoved the cake into his face which was down his whole shirt and everyone in his hair. he's laughing his head off. "okay guys i'm going to go clean up thanks for the party" he smiles and walks away.

"go get him" tabitha pushes me towards him making me bump into him. i look down at my dress and see cake all over me. "fuck i'm so sorry"he says noticing the cake over my dress.

i sigh and quickly run off trying to find a room hoping it won't be his. i'm in the hallways of this massive house clueless of where i am. "hey." i hear the familiar voice. i turn to see the mysterious boy.

"let me help you get new clothes" he says shyly. i nod my head and he leads the way to his room opening the door for me. waiting for me to enter first i smile at him and walk in.

"lemme find you some clothes, i'm so sorry for getting cake all over you" he says searching through his wardrobe. "it's fine, someone pushed me into you anyway not your fault" i state sitting down onto his bed.

"i never got your name" i say again looking at him stand up with a hoodie and shorts in his hand. "vinnie" he says smiling at me placing the clothes next to me.

"thanks." i smile and grab the clothes into my hands walking towards the bathroom locking the door behind me.

i looked at myself in the mirror. his name was vinnie. now i know this cute boys name and i hope i can get to know him more as something sparked between us when we made eye contact.