24: Mistakes

(Chapter - 24)

Jake was roaming around the hospital corridor, fully recovered.

A simple t-shirt hugged his muscular physique and a pair of joggers clung to his legs as he walked along the corridor, brushing his hair back with his huge hands, which sported several rings he had not worn in a long time.

"The weather seems so pleasant." Jake beamed at the overcast clouds, observing the rain with his droopy eyes.

He yanked open the glass door without hesitation.

But soon, dread appeared in his eyes as he saw a familiar figure who had their back leaning towards the railing, sleeping soundly amidst the rainfall.

"Yera! Wake up! Why the hell are you sleeping outside in this pouring rain?"

Someone patted the girl's cheek, causing her to flutter her eyes open, only to shut them back again.

"Come on, stop joking, we have to go back home." Jake placed her in his lap, sideways as he tapped her cheek once again.

"I am sorry, Heeseung." Yera mumbled in her hoarse voice, as she finally let light flood her vision.

"Are you alright, huh?" Jake panicked in worry as he heard her scratchy voice and her eyes, too, were bloodshot red.

"Mhmm, I am alright." Yera assured the person she was assuming to be Heeseung, getting back to sleep while curling herself in.

"Goddamn! You have a high fever, you stupid girl." Jake widened his eyes as he rested the back of his hand against her forehead.

"Stand up." Jake shook her by the shoulders, but she only grunted back as a response, not having the energy.

Jake sighed, and stood up while holding her in his arms, heading towards his room.

"What did I do wrong, Heeseung?" Yera mumbled, causing Jake to halt in his steps.

Jake noticed her mentioning Heeseung's name before, also, causing him to arrive at a conclusion.

"So Heeseung was the cause of this." Jake snarled in anger, striding towards room number 1101.

'He should be aware of what he has done.' Jake thought as he kicked open the door of the room where Yakura and Heeseung were sitting on the couch.

"What happened to her?" Yakura asked Jake in worry, her eyes glued towards her unconscious state.

"The one behind it knows it really well." Jake remarked as he hurled daggers towards Heeseung, placing Yera on the bed.

"Let her rest, she has a fever." Jake said as he left the room along with Yakura, leaving Heeseung behind.

'I want him to regret what he did.' Jake reflected as he walked out of the room with his cousin.

Heeseung silently stared at the girl from the couch as numerous thoughts clouded his mind.

"Was I being too jealous?"

"Why was I even jealous?"

Heeseung slowly came near to her.

"I am sorry for what I did, Yera."

"I am sorry for throwing hurtful comments at you.."

A sorrowful expression was plastered on his face as he observed her pale face.

He took her hand in his and caressed it gently.

"Why do I lose to you, always?" Heeseung whispered in her ear as he hovered above her, his face centimetres apart from hers, causing her to wake up with startled eyes.

"Why do I fvcking love you, Jang Yera?" Heeseung asked as he smashed his lips with Yera, who responded to the kiss.

Jake, who was standing outside the room along with Yakura, observed it all and, unknowingly, he clenched his jaw in pure wrath.

"YERA?"

The couple was startled by Yakura's voice, who witnessed the scene in embarrassment.

Heeseung and Yera abruptly got away from each other, settling far away, acting as if nothing had happened.

"I AM SORRY! I DIDN'T SEE A THING! I SWEAR!" Yakura screamed as she ran away from the room, covering her eyes.

The couple was a blushing mess when they observed Yakura cringing.

"I-I am sorry! I never meant it!" Heeseung said.

Yera, on the other hand, was expecting a love confession, but all of her hopes went in vain. She felt as if he had pierced her heart. She felt heartbroken by his cold words.

She was controlling her tears the whole time when he was sitting in the room, but as soon as he left, she started sobbing abruptly.

Jake observed her heartbroken state from afar, feeling melancholy wash over him as well.

"I will always be there for you,

even if you consider me as a second option.

I will be there for you,

waiting always."

To be continued...

Don't forget to check out my new book, DINNER!

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow me!

Stay healthy, stay happy and stay tuned for the updates>>

❤️❤️❤️

HIS SMILE IS PRECIOUS GUYS!!  (┬┬﹏┬┬)

HIS SMILE IS PRECIOUS GUYS!! (┬┬﹏┬┬)