003, the bonfire

✧*̥˚ august *̥˚✧augustine madden x conrad fisherchapter three || 🍓🤍🌸

✧*̥˚ august *̥˚✧
augustine madden x conrad fisher
chapter three || 🍓🤍🌸

✧*̥˚ august *̥˚✧augustine madden x conrad fisherchapter three || 🍓🤍🌸

August was a very simple girl. She stuck to the same plan every single year since she could pass for sixteen and this year was no exception.

An hour and twelve minutes into the movie, August would lean into her mothers shoulder and start to complain about a sudden nauseating headache. Diana, who wasn't born yesterday, would roll her eyes and kiss her daughter on the top of the head before telling the young blonde to head back home and get a good night's sleep. August would resist it for a few minutes before running home — suddenly headache free. From there, she would go into her room, touch up her makeup and change her clothes if she felt like it, without being seen, she would then sneak onto the beach, stay there for an hour or two hours and then safely make her way back home.

But sadly that plan was altered when Belly came into the kitchen complaining about being sick and saying she just wanted to go to sleep. August gave the girl a knowing look. She was proud of her, for the past couple of years August had tried to get Belly to go with her, but both times, Belly had declined her offer. This time she didn't need to be asked, this time she just did it and August couldn't help but feel like a proud mom. She winked at the girl, who smiled in return and walked up the stairs.

When they finally fell into the living room, the mom's were sitting on the sofa while August sat on a single chair beside them. She wasn't paying attention to the movie, but laughed whenever the others laughed to make it sound like she was.

Half an hour into the movie had finally arrived, which she knew because she had set an alarm, she stood up from her chair, yawning.

"I think I'm going to go to bed. I don't feel well, I've had too much ice cream." She held her stomach, hoping someone would believe her. "I'm also gonna go check on belly, I might stay with her tonight. You know, like usual."

Diana smiled at her daughter, "Okay, come here." She kissed August on the head when she leaned down.

Laurie and Susannah told her to feel better and come into them if she felt worse, as if her mother wasn't there. But, in all fairness, last year Diana caught August sneaking back in and said nothing, so she probably knew exactly what she was going to do.