Chapter One: Rainestorm

"Seriously though, I can actually get away with anything! I was playing Grudgby in the hallway on my way here!" Eda chuckled, taking another sip of Apple Blood.

"Where do you get this stuff. This is great!"

"Hah, I'm glad you like it. Who was that you were talking to earlier? Was that your sister?" Raine asked, taking another sip of Ghoul Aid before fake gagging and sitting it to the side.

"Oh... yeah. That was Lily! I didn't know you were there. Why didn't you come over?" Eda questioned.

Raine's eyes grew wide with embarrassment, they looked away, blushing, before answering.

"Oh, I don't know. But I was not trying to plan exactly what to say when I walked over to talk to you again. And I definitely didn't take that carton of Apple Blood just to give to you it if you didn't like yours. Nooo! Who would do that?" Raine let out a nervous laugh.

Eda blushed, smiling.

"Yeah. Who indeed?" She laughed.

The two spent the next hour just talking and eating together. Raine's eyes widened as Eda told them about some of the crazy things that she had been up too while Eda giggled at Raine's constant comments, such as: "How do you even turn a school inside out?" and "You seriously terrify me."

"So how's your first day been so far?" Eda asked, using her magic to clear the table and sat her schoolbag in front of her, opening it up and digging through for something.

"Actually, it's been pretty good! I've had a lot of fun and it's so much better than Epiderm." Raine smiled, watching Eda still looking through her bag.

Eda looked up, a smile spreading on her face.

"I'm glad you like it here. So... how different is Hexside from Epiderm? Is there less snobby, stuck up rich kids here?"

Raine burst out laughing.

"Yeah. Way less." they answered, trying to stop themselves from giggling. Eda sat her bag down on the seat beside her and smiled.

"I forgot Lily had my book. Anyway, how have you been doing? Last I saw you we almost beat up a coven head. Good times."

"Well, after the I.F.W.O.T was over, I went to join the rest of my school and I saw Terra speaking with my Vice Principal and she looked really mad." Raine began fidgeting with their hands as they spoke.

"Why was she mad?" Eda questioned, a confused look beginning to appear on her face.

"You said that Terra spoke with your principal and got you off the hook. Well for me, she was trying to get me in even more trouble than I was already in. When my Vice Principal saw me, she blew up at me."

"How?" Eda tilted her head to one side, listening to Raine.

"Terra told her she was going to tell the emperor what we'd done, but... blame it all on me. Maybe she saw me there and tried to scare me? Cause then she said she was thinking of taking me to the conformatorium." Raine sighed, before letting out a small giggle.

"I'd like to see her try. But then my Vice Principal saw me, started screaming at me and as soon as we were heading back she called my moms and the principal to meet us at the school."

"What happened then?"

"She told the principal who got extremely angry with me. I'd never seen him more angry. But you know what? I'm pretty sure he was more angry at the fact that I didn't get another stupid blue ribbon for the school than anything else."