TWELVE

A FEW ROUNDS WENT BY, Maverick trialling his students with and without their WSO's as well as either instructing in the air or attacking them if the set of pilot's seemed ready

Kristen however, appeared to be barred from the day's activities. She was pulled aside by Admiral Bates, explaining that she was to watch the day's training as opposed to fly; no word of an answer as to why. Most assumed it might've been from her punch to Hangman a few days prior, but she was sure it had to do with something else.

Kristen appeared isolated to the rest of the group, standing alone and avoiding contact with the others. Bradley had tried to instigate conversations a couple times but eventually left her alone as her temper seemed to rise.

The training wasn't looking too good, quite a few teams pulling in quite rough but no major damage or hurt was being caused.

A while passed and eventually the shuffling spotify playlist wasn't satisfying her need to be out on the Tarmac. Hangman was surprised the girl had even sat in what he called the naughty corner for as long as she did, noticing her constantly angered expression and balled fists. Whatever was going on in her world, it looked like it had exploded and she was holding herself back from going down with it.

Kristen ripped her headphones from her ears, marching over to the admirals, "Admiral Bates, Admiral Solomon, with all due respect, I need to be training right now. This is precious time being lost. I don't have any more to waste."

Admiral Bates sighed, "Maverick has asked you sit out of the day's training, I suggest the matter be taken up with him. By all means, we're awaiting his call."

"Gladly, Admiral," She sarcastically smiled, trudging over to Maverick who'd landed on the Tarmac ready to pick his next victims of training.

"When's it gonna be my turn?" She hissed at Maverick, the Admirals charging over, "Kazanksy! Address the Captain properly."

Maverick subtly gritted his teeth, gulping as he made eye contact with the girl, "A lot has gone on in the past few days, I think you'll learn best from the ground looking up. Learn from your teammates."

"That's bullshit," Kristen spat back, her bloodshot eyes landing over at her aircraft, "I'm fine and I just need to get out there."

Maverick pulled her aside, "You're not thinking clear here, Kristen. I saw a glimpse of it at the beach yesterday, we don't need the full show."

"If you honestly believe I can't do it, I'll walk," She crossed her arms, staring upward at the man.

He cleared his throat, "I don't think you can do it, right now."