ғɪᴠᴇ

Sherry, deeply concerned and moved by her daughter's distressed state, quickly caught up to her and gently grabbed her arm, taking note of the redness in her eyes and the tears that stained her cheeks

Sherry, deeply concerned and moved by her daughter's distressed state, quickly caught up to her and gently grabbed her arm, taking note of the redness in her eyes and the tears that stained her cheeks. However, before Sherry could inquire further, [Name] swiftly wiped away the evidence of her tears, trying to conceal her vulnerability.

"What's going on, [Name]?" Sherry asked, her voice filled with genuine worry.

"Nothing," [Name] replied flatly, her tone devoid of emotion.

"Please, can you tell me what happened?" Sherry pleaded, her eyes searching for answers.

"There was nothing," [Name] insisted, her voice distant and detached.

Sensing her daughter's anguish, Sherry pressed on, refusing to let her daughter suffer in silence. "Do you want to take that class?" she asked gently, hoping to understand the root of [Name]'s distress.

"No, Mom, I don't want to take that class, okay?" [Name] responded, her words laced with a mix of frustration and sadness as she walked away, her mother following close behind.

Sherry took a deep breath, her heart heavy with concern as she observed her daughter's somber mood. "Tell me what's wrong, [Name]," she urged, her voice filled with compassion.

In that moment, [Name] locked eyes with her mother, her emotions bubbling to the surface. She began to sob, her tears flowing freely as she glared at Sherry. "You know what's wrong, Mom. We're moving to China!" she exclaimed, her voice trembling with a mix of anger and despair.

"Okay, stop, [Name], and don't be like that!" Sherry responded firmly, her tone seeking to temper the intensity of the situation. "What do you want me to do?"

"We've only been here a week, but it feels like a year!" [Name] cried, her tears unabated. "I hate it here!"

Sherry's heart ached as she witnessed her daughter's anguish. She reached out and pulled [Name] into a comforting embrace, her voice filled with empathy. "[Name], let me help you. Tell me what's wrong," she pleaded, her heart breaking at the sight of her daughter in such distress.

"You don't care what's wrong. All that matters is how happy I am, how great the ice cream is, but it wasn't!" [Name] sobbed, her grip on her bag tightening. "I want to go home, Mum," she whispered faintly.

"I understand, [Name]. I'm sorry," Sherry murmured, her voice filled with remorse. She held her daughter tighter, offering solace and reassurance in the face of her pain.

 She held her daughter tighter, offering solace and reassurance in the face of her pain