sɪx

As the group made their way back to the buses, I found myself trailing behind, lost in my thoughts

As the group made their way back to the buses, I found myself trailing behind, lost in my thoughts. Mrs. Po, our tour guide, noticed and approached me, her hand gently resting on my back.

"Is everything all right, Ms. Parker?" she asked softly, her smile warm and comforting.

I stammered a quiet response, "Y-Yes, thank you," and continued walking, trying to compose myself.

Once on the bus, I settled into a seat in the middle. However, my tranquility was disrupted by the conversation of Liang and Zhuang sitting behind me.

Cheng, who had been observing me, smirked and whispered something to Liang, prompting him to change seats and lean towards my side. My heart skipped a beat as I noticed Cheng's gaze fixated on the kitten in my hand.

The kitty, sensing the tension, hissed at Cheng, causing me to instinctively pull back. Ms. Po, who had been scanning the bus, turned her attention to the commotion, looking perplexed. Cheng, his face now flushed, met her gaze, and a faint smile graced Ms. Po's lips.

Clutching the kitten close to my chest, I could feel my heart racing. I took deep breaths to calm myself, finding solace in the gentle licks the kitten offered my finger as if sensing my unease.

A small smile played on my lips as I looked down at the cat, still aware of the lingering blush on my cheeks. The presence of the kitten provided a sense of comfort, reminding me that I was not alone in this new and sometimes overwhelming environment.

 The presence of the kitten provided a sense of comfort, reminding me that I was not alone in this new and sometimes overwhelming environment

The bustling sounds of the city filled the air as I continued to follow Cheng and his friends through the busy streets. The wide road was lined with a variety of shops and colorful storefronts, enticing passersby with their displays of merchandise. Bicycles whizzed past me, their riders pedaling swiftly to navigate through the bustling crowd.

As I walked along, I observed the diverse array of people around me. Workers strained under the weight of heavy materials, their brows furrowed with determination. Customers meandered through the shops, browsing the wares and engaging in animated conversations with the shopkeepers. The vibrant energy of the city was palpable, creating an atmosphere of excitement and possibility.