Intro Info Dump

...........

What's a story without its introduction? Just a meaningless pile of plot cobbled together with some sort of story structure? Highly efficient?

Maybe.

Either way, this one has an introduction.

An information dump, of all things.

Skipping this chapter will not take away much from the story.
_____________________________________

Nobody knows exactly when it happened, honestly. It just kind of did. That was.. the birth of human beings with super powers. But they didn't make public appearances until the 80's. As far as we know.

These people were given many names. But two factions stood out among them. The heroes, and the villains.

Due to a lack of regulation, these two factions would often clash with each other without restraint. Resulting in millions of country currency collateral damage and hundreds upon thousands of civilian casualties.

It took decades, but regulations would eventually be established once the Hero Corps was founded. Many well-known heroic figures at that time were brought onboard to join, thus trickling down into various communities and inspiring the rise of small-time people who also wanted to be recognized as heroes by the government, officially riding off the coattails of the Hero Corps which unhesitatingly extended olive branches to many.

Modern times are now upon us. People with super powers are now a dime a dozen, encapsulating 80% of the world's population. Thus, the common man could have super powers. But not everyone can become a super hero anyone.

Those who do have powers have long since been registered and accounted for in government databases. To use said powers legally, they must be subject to various tests in order to gain proper licensing as required for their various occupations.

However, there will always be those who disagree with the government's stronghold over power regulations. These people are legally labeled as villains. Or the lesser of evils, Vigilantes.

They use their powers however they see fit. They endanger public health. They need to be held accountable for their actions.

Modern times called for modern solutions.
Hero classifications were born.

F Rank - The lowest of classes, often due to lack of power or with obvious weakness that makes those with this classification slightly stronger than the average human being. Often times, they are employed as basic workforce and looked down upon by many.

Would those with this rank even be considered heroes? Well yes, that's what their licence says.

E Rank - Though only once rank higher than F, there is a very large difference between the two classes. Most notably, E Ranks have twice the strength of normal human beings. These people are often employed in police forces, fire departments, and some security agencies for low level events. They have the ability to challenge those one rank higher than them. However, in terms of power, that would be nearly suicidal. It would take two E Ranks to take on one of upper rank. By logic, two E Ranks are equal to one D rank.

D Rank - These people are all strong enough to easily kill a normal human being. Private security forces also hire at least one of them alongside several E Ranks so as to balance accordingly with their budgets.
They are also most notably in charge of collateral damage cleanup crews, or lower ranked heroes of E and F category. They patrol alongside police forces at least one or two per a low-class neighbor.

C Rank - A truly decent middle ground for those with this rank. These people can kill the average human being thrice over and are mostly overseeing towns/districts.
They are the middle classes, often resulting in them working fairly hard and almost always resorting to flashy methods to keep media interest on them.
C Rank heroes are paid well, but not well enough to relax, knowing their positions in society could easily be taken away.
They fight among themselves constantly.

B Rank - B Rank heroes enjoy the status of celebrities. They are looked up to and cherished by many. A B Rank hero could kill a normal human being several times over. Their strengths thoroughly massive, thus causing collateral damage wherever they go. You can guess who has to clean up after them.

B Rank heroes don't have to worry about losing their positions. However, they do set their own large jurisdictions and have specific images to maintain.

A Rank - Those at this rank are considered top tier. Nevermind killing just one normal human being, an A Rank's strength along could decimate thousands. They're often used for promotional purposes as high class celebrities whom are often seen on various posters/television shows displaying their indisputable might.

Some are at the cusp of breaking through into a much higher rank, but never quite hitting the mark due to one reason or another. They can challenge higher ranking heroes/villains alike. Many A Rank heroes pummel lower ranking villains for fun.

S Rank - Indisputable lords among the heroes. They have the most luxurious lives, getting paid more than what the average C Rank could make in a year's time.

They're only ever deployed when there are natural disaster sized threats the A Ranks can not handle. No need to measure their strengths, their powers alone would topple cities and extend out to countries at times.

When not deployed, S Ranks would often indulge in various lavish activities, or otherwise bolster stocks of those they are contracted under. They're not very secretive individuals, but their conniving treachery knows no boundaries once something has landed in their sights.

SS Rank - The ultimate top tier. Extremely rarely dispatched. Not many know they exist, as their powers alone could cripple entire societies or many back to the dark ages. No one knows their power grades except the governments that employ them. They are not just limited to their home countries. Will go to anyone with the highest pay.

To appear normal, or even approachable, the mysterious SS Ranks are spread about the world with various jobs. Many most likely hiding their identities or covertly concealing their true powers by a least one rank.

Some even own successful corporations the partner with the Hero Corps to create constant funding flows. While others would rather enjoy humble lives as unsuspecting citizens with families of their own.

_____________

Out of all ranks provided, it must be noted that unranked individuals do exist. However, they fall under two categories. They are either entities kept secret by the highest of authorities.

Or they are unpowered. The lowest of the low. Regular citizens looked down upon by all.

All major governing bodies throughout the entire world have come to an agreed upon consensus concerning unpowered citizens.
They are not, up under any circumstances, allowed to become super heroes.

After all, how can you possibly become a superhero without super powers? You'd be too much of a burden to society.

A liability.

Just stay in your place.

Mooching off of government funds is all you would be good for.

Even F-Ranks would make for better punching bags.

You shouldn't exist.
_____________________________________

The reality of this world is harsh. However, it is about to be in for a series of rude awakenings. This is the story of The World's Greatest Vigilante. And much-much more.

Hopefully you actually read this chapter.