1.

I chew on my nails frantically pacing back and forth holding my phone to my ear waiting to hear that voice speak.

"Come on pick up, pick up, pick-" beeeep. The call ends. My face scrunched up in worry as i was quick to dial him again.

Where is he? He was supposed to be home from work 3 hours ago. The first hour, i thought nothing of it, i thought maybe he was held up, given his line of work. But it's been THREE whole hours. God.

Beeeep.

I try to hold back the tears falling down my cheek, but fail miserably. I bury my face in my hands, shaking my head at my stupidity.

I wipe my tears and look up, my eyes meeting the cold food on the table that I had set up those 3 hours ago. I sigh and was about to dial him again but my hands froze when I heard keys mingling before the door opens, revealing none other than my "3 hours too late" husband. He walks in and closes the door behind him.

"Oh my god." I breath out in relief before launching myself at him, wrapping my whole body around him. His posture and stance don't move a brink when I cling myself onto him.

"Excited, are we?" He chuckles wrapping his arms around me.
I hug him even tighter, if that's even possible.
"You have no idea how worried I was." I start feeling the moisture coat my eyes again.

"I'm sorry precious." He rubs my back knowing I don't need an explanation right now I just need him close.
"Shit." I choke back a sob and his face seems to drop against me.

"Are you-" he pulls me back to look at me. His face softens, his brows furrow and his lips dip as his eyes scan my tearful face.

"Baby" He breathes out a small chuckle tilting his head. Not a chuckle, laughing, no. But a in awe chuckle.

He quickly brings his hands up to cup both of my cheeks, wiping my tears with strokes of his thumb.

I sniffle and look down as another tear rolls down my cheek, which he didn't hesitate to wipe away almost immediately.

"Hey, Hey." He bends down under my nose to catch my eyes. He lifts my chin to make me look at him.
"None of that Baby, None of that." He continues stroking my cheek. I look away too embarrassed to look him in the eye.

"Look at me." His tone is soft. I do.
"I'm here, aren't I?" He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear. I nod. "You're okay, I'm okay, we're okay." He kisses my forehead.
"You're okay." I breath out as he pulls me to him, squeezing me reassuringly.

"I love you." He whispers into my ear.
"I love you." I mumble against his neck.

AN: Short I know! But I'm updating the shit out of this book, so :p