You're Kidding...Right!?!?!

Kimberley Rose Hawkins is going to be played by Jena Sparks. Everyone should totally go follow her and everyone in the Tratter house. Ok enough from me, enjoy the story!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just finished up all of my classes for the day, with the exeption of the pile of homework from adavanced math. I sigh thinking about the multiple papers I have due. All I know is college is the hardest thing I've ever had to do (not really but you get the point).

I snap out of my thoughts as I reach my truck, quickly getting in and setting down my books. I turn on my spotify playlist, hearing Jason Aldean's new song, Trouble With A Heartbreak, play. I sing along, but just as the chorus is about to start I get a phone call. I just choose to ignore it because I need my car rides to myself. I start singing again, only to be interrupted for a second time by my annoying phone.

I assume it's my best friend from back home, Rory, so I pick it up without looking at the Caller ID.

Kemberley: "Rory, what is so important that you had to call twice in 5 seconds?"

Mrs. Sidney: "Kemberley, this isn't Rory. It's Sidney Collins."

Kemberley: "Oh hi, Mrs. Sidney. It's nice hearing from you, but aren't you supposed to be at work?" I ask, but hear her sniffle as a response. Confused I continue my questioning, "Are you ok?"

Mrs. Sidney: "I am at work, and no. I um..hate to tell you this, but your Dad was in a car crash two hours ago....The doctors said he probably won't make it."

Kemberley: "You're joking, right?!?!" Mrs. Sidney works at the hospital, so of course she knows everything that happens.

Mrs Sidney: "No sweetheart, I'm sorry. Are you able to come home?"

Kemberley: "Yes, I'll be there by the end of the day."

I hang up the phone and start sobbing uncontrollably. I somehow make it to my small apartment without causing a crash. I run in, throw some clothes, bathroom essentials, and money into my grey duffel bag, and run back to my truck. Jumping in, I speed towards the interstate, and start the long drive to Texas. Well it feels like a long drive, but in reality it's only about 4 or 5 hours.

After a few minutes of driving, I see the "Thank you for visiting Alabama" sign and sigh. Two more to go, I tell myself as I enter Mississippi. Deciding to try not to throw myself into another panic attack, I turn up the radio, and try to think about the fact that he could possibly make it.

It's been two hours and I'm starving because l left before I got to eat lunch. Nice going, I mentally roll my eyes at myself for panicking and not bringing food from my apartment. I don't really have the extra money to blow, so I decide to just stop at a McDonald's and Starbuck's in a place called Gulfport, Mississippi. I order a 20 piece nugget and a small fry at McDonalds. At Starbucks I get a Caramel Frappuccino and a Kiwi Starfruit Refresher, my two favorite drinks. Don't judge me for getting 2, you can never have too much Starbucks. I make my way back to the Interstate, getting closer to home as every minute goes by.

I passed the Louisiana border to Texas not even 5 minutes ago, and all the positivity I've been forcing myself to feel starts to disappear like it was never there to begin with. I notice that I'm shaking and starting to have a mental breakdown for the second time in one day. I have to be strong for Dad. I begin to reassure myself with what little bit of faith I have left in me that my Dad will be ok. He has to be, right?

I turn onto the dirt road that leads into my hometown, Forest View. I can't bring myself to go to the hospital yet, so I turn down the dirt road leading to Black Hawk Ranch, my home.

I pull up to the house and grab my bag out of the backseat. I stand in front of the house I haven't seen since I was 17. Now being 19, I regret not coming home for visits. I take everything in, the porch swing on the large front porch, the three rocking chairs, the fields of green, grassy, rolling hills that seem to go on forever around the house. I get pulled out of my daze by a deep, masculine voice coming from the direction of the barn.

"Kemberley", he says. Well more like growls. Why is he here? He's the last person I want to see, and part of the reason I left this town behind. Waylon Kane Holden.

A/N

WC-782

My first chapter of my first book is finally done!!! Honestly I don't know if this book will go anywhere, but I really hope it does.

Teaser: Reunion with someone from her past.