16

𝐘/𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝗼𝐯
It was now the day before court and me and Shota had taken Hailey out to American girl doll, my daughter also wanting a build a bear.

"Well we have all day to do whatever you want so lets get you a doll first" I say, Hailey cheering to herself while holding mine and Shota's hands as we walked.

While Hailey picked a doll out, my lawyer Mia, aka a friend from college had called me.

"Yeah wassup?" "Hey Y/n, so I kind of got some news, it's nothing entirely bad, I just want you to know" "what is it?" I asked.

"Giana's gonna be there at court" after Mia said that I had stopped for a second, knowing that the last time I talked to the girl I was cussing her out over the phone after she ran off with Devon.

"Really?" "Yeah apparently she'll be testifying on Devon's half against you" "*sigh* ight then, I gotta go, me and Shota took Hailey out to get some toys" "oh you're good, I'll see you tomorrow"

After hanging up Hailey had ran up to me with a doll in her hands.

"This is the one I want" she said, the doll looking just like her.

"Yeah we can get that for you, wanna get her some outfits to?" I asked, getting a pretty obvious answer as me and Shota helped Hailey pick some doll outfits.

"So, after everything, I think we should go on a vacation" Shota said, making me look up from the doll clothes, Hailey still holding onto my leg while grabbing stuff.

"Really? Where would we go?" "Well I was thinking somewhere warm, maybe go to California and stay in Malibu" Shota said, his arms around my waist.

"Yeah that sounds good, how long would we be there though? Cause I can always bring my computer but I'm sure you can't take to many days off as a professor and stuff" I say, not wanting to jeopardize Shota's job.

"Well I actually have two months worth of pto days so it's up to you"

With that confirmation I had looked at Hailey "baby you wanna go to the beach for a week?" I asked, the girl looking at me wide eyed.

"Really?" "Yeah, me and you can plan everything so mommy can be surprised" Shota said, Hailey liking the idea of surprising me.

"Mommy? You getting real comfortable huh?" I asked as we walked up to the register.

"Yeah I am, what, can daddy not have fun?" The man asked as I rolled my eyes "he can, better act right though" "only for you"

After leaving American girl doll we were now walking to build a bear, Shota holding everything for us.

Once we walked into the store Hailey had instantly ran to pick out which bear she wanted.

"Lowkey kind of want one to" I said, picking up a pink bear "well let's build a bear then" Shota joked, the three of us walking over to the little stuffing area, Hailey enjoying every part of this.

After we got the little heart and stuffing in and gave our bears a "bath" we were picking out some clothes for the stuffed bears.

"Mm I think this dress would look good on yours" Hailey said, handing the dress to me "thank you miss stylist"

"You should give it shoes" Shota said, a tiny pair already in his hand.

"For someone who's always tired, you sure are invested" I say as we walked over to name the bears.

"Well how can I not be? I get to hang out with my favorite people in the world" "Shota we're the only ones you like" "exactly"

Eventually we had our bears boxed up and Hailey had me hold her in my arms as we walked out, deciding to go out to the movies before going home for the night.

꧁꧂
𝐈𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥
𝐖𝗼𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝗼𝐮𝐧𝐭: 658