chapter four

chapter four

i woke up. my head pounding. i sat up, looking around, trying to figure out everything that had happened yesterday. everything came back. i shook my head and stood up. i brushed my hair, put my black birkenstocks, and this old sweater i found in my closet that was probably 2 sizes too big.

i silently walked through the house, trying to get outside so i could sit infront or the ocean and contemplate life, obviously. i did not want to talk to my therapist at 7 in the morning.

from afar, i saw conrad, also wearing the same clothes as last night. i smiled and decided to go and sit next to him

"hi." i simply said. "can i sit?"

"mhm." he nodded and i sat down. both of us stayed silent for atleast a minute.

"yesterday was shit." we both said in sync.

"do you- do you remember anything from last night? i mean you were pretty wasted.." i spoke, looking towards him, noticing he was already looking at me.

"i remember everything when i'm wasted."

"oh."

"is that my jacket?" he asked with his cheeky smile again. fuck i hated that smile.

"it's yours? i found it in my closet and i forgot why i had it in there."

"i remember! last summer we were sitting right here and you were cold so i just gave it to you."

"oh my god you're right."

"always."

"definitely."

abruptly, he began, "hey, i'm sorry about yesterday. i didn't want to fight or anything but what he did to you. i couldn't just stand there and not do anything. i'm sorry."

"you cannot apologize conrad. you stopped what he was doing. it could've gone way worse if you didn't notice. thank you for what you did."

he pulled me into him, letting me rest my head on his shoulder while he held me close, hugging me with one arm. i liked it. how it was just us two, like how it normally was. it felt like everything went back to normal. just his presence made me happy. we stayed there talking about anything that came to mind for about an hour. it was the perfect thing i needed right now.