ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

ꜱʜᴇ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇꜱ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀꜰʟɪᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

It was the last day in Mondstadt before you absolutely had to leave for Liyue in hopes to make it in time for the Rite of Descention.

You had been treated to new clothes and plenty of free trinkets gifted to you by stall vendors as you passed. Such nice people! You smiled at the memories, quite oblivious to the fact that the stall vendors were only trying to get close to you.

Lumine and Paimon were out handling a few extra commissions for the Adventurers Guild, needing more mora to survive in Liyue harbor- where you were told things were exceedingly expensive.

You fiddled with the hem of your new clothing as you wandered around Mondstadt. It was given to you by the Acting Grand Master herself - straight from her own closet.

A lovely little pendant necklace, with a (fav.colour) gem hung around you neck. A gift from Lisa when you had visited the library. Though you still didn't quite understand what she had said when she gave it to you.

"This way, I'll always be able to find my little cutie~"

You merely shrugged it off as a unique way of saying "I'll always be with you" or something like that.

You went back to admiring the windborne city, mesmerized by the architecture and designs, oblivious to the person in front of you.

You collided into someone, making you lose your balance nearly fall backward onto the floor.

Only, that didn't happen.

"Are you alright?" The person asked, to which you nodded. "Ye-yes I am, thank you sir... are you alright Mr....?" You asked him.

He smiled lightly, "Please, call me Albedo."

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

"Bleugh!" You nearly gagged at the taste of the liquid in the vial given to you. "That's nasty...no offense, Albedo." You remarked, before plugging your nose and chugging the rest of it down.

Albedo chuckled, "My apologies, how are you feeling?" He questioned, already preparing a second vial of something else. "I feel kind of.. hmm... I don't know, tingly inside." You described, swinging your legs on the edge of the table.

The blond in front of you smiled, "Good, that means it's working, you'll just need to have this next one and we should see results." He said, flicking the vial in his hand.

"What did you say this potion was for again?" You asked, only just realising that he never mentioned it. He smiled at you, "Just wait and we'll find out. Don't worry, this potion's already been tested, so it won't harm you in the slightest."

Just as Albedo was about to hand you the vial, it was knocked out of his hand aggressively. You were pulled off of the table and into the arms of a very pissed off looking Lumine.

"Oh, greetings Lumine." Albedo said, doing his best to not look too murderous while you were watching. "Cut the crap Albedo, what were you doing?" Lumine hissed, arms wrapped around you protectively.

You patter her arms, "It's okay Lumine, Albedo was just asking me to try a few potions of his!" You smiled, but Lumine's scowl only turned darker. "What."

Albedo, mildly annoyed now, simply looked Lumine in the eyes. "I wanted to test a new strength enhancing potion. I tried it myself, and had a few others try it as well. I simply wanted to see if the results would differ in effectiveness if taken by a female instead of a male." He explained.

"Ohh, is that why we arm wrestled earlier?" You questioned, to which he nodded. In truth thought, he just wanted to hold your hand for an extended period of time.

Lumine clicked her tongue. "I don't trust you, we're leaving, Y/N. It's time we head to Liyue." She said, taking your hand and pulling you along as you waved goodbye to the Chief Alchemist of the Knight's of Favonius.

As soon as your back turned, his smile fell into a frown. He glaced at the shattered vial, the shards sitting in a pool of pink liquid on the floor, and sighed.

The aphrodisiac required two potions to take effect.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

Lumine held your hand as you began the journey to Liyue harbor. "What were you thinking? You can't just drink potions given to you by a stranger, it's not safe." She said. "But he said he was from the Knights of Favonius! Aren't they our friends?" You defended.

Lumine sighed. "Just- Don't do it again, okay? Sometimes people aren't who they say they are, and they just want to hurt you. I...worry for you, Y/N, I don't want you to get hurt." Lumine told you, tightly gripping your hand.

Almost immediately after she said that, you felt horrible. Lumine and Paimon had gone through so much trouble to save you, and you only caused them to worry.

"I'm... sorry Lumine..."
"Just don't do it again."

You looked over to Paimon, who had been surprisingly quiet so far. Paimon looked to be deep in thought. "Are you okay Paimon?" You asked, worried for your floating friend. Paimon nodded, energy returning. "Mhm! Paimon's just a little bit tired! And hungry!"

You laughed at Paimon's antics, putting your arms out in front of you as an offer to sleep, which the guide happily took. And together, you walked to the land of contracts.

To Liyue.

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

HII
FINALLY A NEW CHAPTER IS OUT
:D

I'm sorry for all of the delay, it's been rough
;w;
I can't promise more regular updates, but I will try my best.
Unless some deity up there decides to spite me even more idk
Liyue is finally coming :D
I love Liyue

Also

10.9K READS????
HOLY MOTHER Ö
THANK YOUUU
AHHHHHHJJJSHJZHSHBDJDJDBDUXJDJMFIFMFKDNDIDJHJ

SEE YOU IN LIYUE!!