FIFTY EIGHT

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I sleep longer than intended and wake up in a foul mood

I sleep longer than intended and wake up in a foul mood. A foul mood because I slept for longer than a couple of hours. I told myself I'd get a little bit of rest but before I knew it, it was the next day.

Hope was no longer beside me, she must have already woken and didn't bother to jolt me awake with her. I feel frustrated inside, pissed off even. But I know they're doing it for my own wellbeing, for my sanity.

I quickly get dressed and head downstairs, not wanting to waste a second more. Mace, Nella, Alfie and Hope are all in the kitchen. A laptop between them along with a map and mugs of steaming coffee.

Hope catches my eye first and she smiles. "Hi," she walks closer. "How are you feeling?"

"You didn't wake me," is the first thing I say.

Her blue eyes flick between mine and she sighs. "I know, I'm sorry Cleo. But I didn't want to wake you, you needed the sleep and clearly your body needs it too. We said we would wake you if it went into the afternoon."

I fold my jumper over my knuckles as Nella approaches, ready to give me a hot steaming cup of coffee. "Thanks," I say before taking it through the fabric of my sweatshirt. "Have you found anything?"

Nella hums and beckons her head to the table. Mace flicks his head over his shoulder and offers me a supportive smile. "We found a few clock towers in the surrounding area which have a building or warehouse beside it," he explains to me.

I draw up a chair and sit beside him, watching his fingers scroll over the trackpad. "Let me see," I demand. "I'll be able to tell you which one it is."

The blood inside my body begins to race, the back of my neck becoming hotter. This could be it, this could be the destination that Kassian is being held. This could soon be over and we can bring him home for good.

"This was the first one we found," Mace comments as he clicks on the first tab.

My eyes glance over the images, it was too fat and short to be the one I saw in the visions. "No."

Then he clicks to the next one. I shake my head.

Mace clicks on the third one and I grip onto the edge of the table, bringing my eyes closer to the screen. My breath almost gets caught in my throat, my head nodding instantly. "That's it," I mumble, flicking my eyes over the tower. Remembering the colour and shape of it. "That's the one."

Alfie claps and then Mace grins at me. "He's coming home, Cleo."

"I know he is. Let's organise a plan. Bring Everett and his pack back over, tell those who are out searching to retreat. We are doing this today. We are getting him back today."

Nella gives my shoulder a squeeze and I nod back at her, drinking down my hot coffee. Desperately needing caffeine more than I realised, that extra boost of motivation. The warmth inside my belly increases my need to have Kassian with me, we're so close. So damn close and I will not rest today until I have him back in my arms.