~Fireplace (Sokeefe)~

Hello everyone! Here's some Sokeefe for the loyal shippers on this platform. This was requested by xXxButterflyGirlxXx. Thank you for your patience with me, Butterfly! <3

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Sophie's POV✩

The morning sun lit up my silky bed sheets with a cheerful, optimistic light. The distant sound of birds chirping in the distance filled the air. I yawned, sitting up and getting out of bed. After throwing on a quick outfit with a lightly embroidered dark red tunic and pants, I went downstairs and ate breakfast.

"Hey, Sophie," Edaline said from the kitchen through mouthfuls of food.

"Hey, Mom!" I said amiably to her, grabbing an ice blue fruit from the table. "I'm gonna go to Keefe's."

Grady mumbled something about "that boy" as Edaline waved goodbye to me, trying to be subtle as she kicked her husband under the table. Light leaping away, I tumbled to the familiar beach house of my boyfriend's crappy father. The salty ocean air blew against my golden blonde hair as I made my way to the balcony Keefe usually was sitting at.

A handsome blonde boy sat on one of the cushiony light blue chairs, gazing out at the waves of the beach wistfully. His nose looked unusually red and snotty, and his arms were holding a warm blanket to his body to keep warm. His gaze turned to me as I walked closer to him, and sat down on the chair next to his.

"Keefe, are you okay?" I asked him, earning a small, croaky chuckle.

"I'm fine," he answered me in a hoarse voice. "I'm just a little bit sick today."

"Yeah, no kidding," I told him, rubbing his blanket covered shoulder with my hand. "You sound horrible."

He laughed louder. "Wow, rude."

"I'm serious!" I yelped indignantly. "And for someone with a cold, a cold balcony is a terrible place to be. You're coming inside."

"Ugh, inside sucks," Keefe complained, but didn't fight it as I dragged him to a small room. The air inside felt cold and empty, and everything about it felt unwelcoming.

"We can make this work," I promised Keefe as I gazed around the room in an attempt to get some idea to make it feel a little more cozy. My eyes fell upon a white marble fireplace, unlit and barely noticeable among the matching marble bookshelves.

"How about a fire?" I offered, grabbing a matchbox from my tunic pocket and lighting the stick quickly. The small blaze gleamed against the cold white marble promisingly. Keefe nodded gratefully.

"Alright, that's done," I noted as the pile of wood in the fireplace caught on fire within seconds. "What's next?"

"Some more blankets?" Keefe suggested. "I have some in my room, if you want me to ge-"

"No, you're staying here with the fire," I argued firmly. "I'll get the blankets." I rushed to Keefe's room and grabbed a couple blankets off his bed before running back to him.

"Oooh, let's use the blankets like carpets!" Keefe said enthusiastically, throwing the blankets onto the ground and lining pillows at the borders, making a blocky semicircle with the fireplace. The crackling blaze of the hearth warmed up the room, making it feel a little more like home.

Keefe flopped to his side, burying his head into the blankets below him. I smiled, lying down and scooting closer to him to watch him. His chest rose and fell with each wheezing breath he breathed, and his blonde eyelashes glowed with the firelight as they fluttered closed.

"Get some rest," I whispered to him as he pulled the blankets toward him tighter and fell asleep, kissing him on the forehead and waiting until he woke up.