𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

It had been exactly two days since Charlie and Pietro left to go back into hiding. They were only at the apartment for an hour and a half, two hours at most, but that was enough to breathe new life into Alex. She walked through the halls of Midtown School of Science and Technology with confidence and went back to participating in her classes. The Easton girl was slowly going back to being her old self. The only thing she couldn't bring herself to do was talk to Peter Parker.

Just like before, Alex would walk in the opposite direction when she spotted the brunette boy. She sat on the other side of the cafeteria to avoid conversation and even waited for a second longer in the bathroom to wait until he passed. Atlas tried to get her to talk to Peter and Ned, he even went as far as inviting the latter to eat lunch with them. But no matter how hard he tried, there was an unspoken tension between the young teens. It was like everything they did to become friends was gone along with Alex's will to be a superhero.

After going through another day of school, Alex and Atlas arrived back at the former's apartment. They sat around and watched an episode of Kim Possible and ate leftover pizza that the redheaded girl had for dinner the night before. Their laughter cut through the air as they joked around without a care in the world. It wasn't long after that when Alex's alarm went off, telling them it was time for them to get ready for the homecoming dance.

While Atlas went into the room that used to be Peter's "lab" to change, Alex walked into her bedroom with a small smile on her face. The Easton girl went into her closet and pulled out her knee-length dark green dress. The grin on her face did nothing but grow as she looked at the dress before she rushed to change into it. Once she finished getting her dress on, Alex went into her bathroom to do her hair and make-up.

"Hey, are you almost ready?" Atlas called from the other side of her door after gently knocking, "my dad just pulled up and he isn't big on waiting."

"Come on in. I just finished," Alex responded as she placed her make-up back on the counter and walked out of the bathroom to see the raven-haired boy standing by the door, "I still can't believe you didn't ask Michelle to the dance."

Atlas simply rolled his eyes in response before Alex let out a chuckle as she slipped on her shoes and grabbed her bag. Just as she began walking toward her friend, the speedster stopped in her tracks and let her smile fall. Her eyes were glued to her suit that she left hanging in the back of her closet as a strange feeling began forming in her stomach. Another moment passed of Alex being in her daze before she shook it off and continued walking toward Atlas.