Chapter 1

I landed in Montecarlo a couple of days ago after some business meetings in Nice. One of my best friends is living here with her boyfriend while the off-season takes place so they invited me for breakfast and some tennis for the morning.
I must admit I hate waking up early on weekends but since I haven't seen her in a while I'm making the effort.
I get up and stare at the beautiful view, wow I could get used to waking up here, I say to myself.
I crawl to my suitcase and look for a tennis outfit. Grey skirt and white Nike court shirt would do, I look for my rackets and my tennis shoes and head over to the montecarlo country club.
I start running since it's already late when I accidentally run into someone, oh god it's Charles leclerc.
CL: I'm so sorry I didn't see you coming
ME: no no it's totally my fault I wasn't looking
CL: what's your name?
ME: I'm y/n and you?
(I didn't want to act in a fan way so I decided to make him think I have no idea who he is)
CL: I'm Charles leclerc, nice to meet you y/n. Are you running late somewhere?
ME: Yeah I'm going to the club but I'm kind of late that is why I'm running
CL: it will take you like 15 more minutes to get there, let me take you
I can't decline this opportunity
ME: okay yeah that would be great thank you so much!
We get to his Ferrari and he opens the door for me.
CL: so are you a Wta player??
ME: not anymore actually
CL: why? You are still very young
ME: well, I've always played tennis. Ever since I was a little girl, but I enjoyed the sport so much that competing just wasn't for me, it started to feel like I was just pushing myself for money and it wasn't enjoyable anymore, so when I was 20 I completed my goal, which was to be worlds number 1. After that I continued competing but more for the thrill of it, I went into Harvard law school and now I run a lawyers buffet.
CL: Wow I knew you seemed so familiar, I think I even went to your final when you won Wimbledon.
ME: oh you were there? That was a special match!
We arrive to the club and I see my best friend Morgan and his boyfriend jannik sinner waiting for me at the entrance.
ME: those are my friends, I'm training with them today
CL: are you friends with sinner?? That is awesome the guy is a legend.
ME: yeah he is, would you like to meet then?
CL: Sure!
Charles parks and we head to them, I can see Morgan opening her eyes when she sees me walking her way with leclerc, she must be confused, or maybe she just thinks I met him last night and spent the night at his pent house.
Either way she runs my way and hugs me.
MO: I've missed you like crazy it's awesome to see you.
ME: aghhh it's been a long time but I'm so happy I can finally hug you.
I've always been good friends with her boyfriend too, so he hugs me as well.
JS: wow just five minutes late this is a record
ME: haha so funny
JS: it's amazing to have you here
ME: I've missed you too.
JS: and look who we have here!
Sinner says as he takes leclerc's hand to say hi.
CL: legend it's amazing to see you here!
JS: I'm so glad we can finally meet each other, and let me introduce you my wife to me Morgan.
wait what wife to be??? I had no idea
i hug them both
ME: I'm so happy for you too but why did nobody told me this??
MO: he proposed last night and I said yes!
She says smiling brightly and showing me a gigantic Tiffany and co halo ring. It's gorgeous.
ME: I'm so happy for you guys this is the best thing ever!!
JS: we were going to tell while on brunch but I got a bit carried away with Charles here!
CL: we must celebrate! I'm having a party at my house tomorrow you three are so invited!
MO: we will be there!
CL: you too y/n?
ME: yeah definitely!
We hug goodbye with Charles and he Leaves in his white Ferrari.
MO: okay so now explain to us why did leclerc dropped you off haha
JS: new romance??
ME: agh you too always clowning around, I literally ran into him heading over here and he offered a ride. How could I say no to a f1 driver??
MO: or to any good looking guy coming from you
Morgan says joKing.
I hit her arm laughing as we head to the courts.