𝐯𝐢. 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE !
chapter six ―― up a tree

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE ! ❜chapter six ―― up a tree

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ MADDIE LET OUT A RELAXING breath as she laid on the dock, her hands under her head as a sort of pillow as she soaked up the sun

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ MADDIE LET OUT A RELAXING breath as she laid on the dock, her hands under her head as a sort of pillow as she soaked up the sun. She had finally changed out of her dress and into a pair of light-wash cutoffs and a white tank top, but she still wore her high tops. She had said it many times before, she loved summer. And it was true, she loved everything about summer. The sun, the warmth, the fact that she could spend hours swimming. It was the best of the four seasons, at least that's what she would say.

She could hear the sound of the Feder's video game from the house and even Curly's messed up bark, but she didn't pay too much attention to it as she took a breath. The breeze was a nice contrast to the heat that beat down on her from the sun and she welcomed it, shifting a little on the dock. Then she heard footsteps, but she didn't move or even open her eyes until a shadow was cast over her.

"Yes?" She questioned, not bothering to open her eyes.

"My dad is kinda making everyone go for a walk, wanna come?" Josh asked, looking down at the girl.

"Um, okay." She hummed as she sat up, extending her hand out to him and he pulled her up. "I'm gonna go get my camera." She ran towards the house, through the door, up the stairs, then back outside. Once she caught up with Josh they followed after the others who had trekked into the woods, it was easy to catch up to them, but the two teenagers stayed a few feet from the group.

"So, Hollywood jr. how you like roughin' it?" She asked, a teasing smirk as she looked around at the trees then over at him.

"I'm pretty sure this isn't roughing it." He told her. "But it's not bad so far."

"Really?" She raised an eyebrow. "All you've done is watch your brother's play their video game. Which is obnoxiously loud."

"Okay, you got me there." He nodded. "Why don't you show me how I should be spending my time?" He raised an eyebrow as if to challenge her.