𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐩𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐲

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE !
chapter eight ―― sad little puppy

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE ! ❜chapter eight ―― sad little puppy

ˏ

ˏ

ˋ°•*⁀➷ "HE LIKES YOU." Nathan whispered, bumping his hip against Maddie's as the two stood next to the pool table that was in the corner of the restaurant. The blonde had been watching Josh since she and the ginger had left the table, per the boy's request.

"What are you-"

"Josh." He told her, leaning down and resting his elbows on the edge of the table. "He likes you. I know because he has been looking at us like a sad little puppy since I got here."

"Nate-"

"And you like him. I can tell." He smiled, nudging her again and her cheek burned with a blush. She fought off a smile as she looked down at the table below her elbow, her hair falling around her face. "Oh, she blushes."

"Shut up." She stood up then shoved him to the side making him laugh. He stumbled a little, a smile on his face, but it quickly tugged into a smirk.

"Hey, Josh!" He called out and the boy looked over at the two best friends, his brows creased. Maddie's eyes grew wide and she made a face as she mumbled incoherently up at the boy. "Come play a few rounds."

"Okay." He shrugged as he stood up and made his way over to the table.

"We were just about to start up a game, you should join."

"What are you doing?" Maddie whispered as she tugged on the ginger's shirt.

"You'll thank me later." He whispered back and she let out a sigh before looking over at the boy, a smile pulling at her lips.

"You've played before, right, Jr.?"

"Yeah, I've played." He nodded, his eyes narrowed challengingly as he smiled. Nathan grinned as he looked between the two, he had never actually seen Maddie blush the way she had when the Feder boy smiled at her.

"We'll do teams." He clapped his hands together. "Maddie with the new kid and-"

"There are three of us." Maddie told him, her eyes narrowed at him. She knew what he was up to.