𝐢𝐱. 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐦𝐞

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE !
chapter nine ―― still got me

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE ! ❜chapter nine ―― still got me

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "MADDIE

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "MADDIE." Nathan whispered as he crawled into the bed the girl was sleeping in. "Maddie, I gotta talk to you." The girl stirred, a groan leaving her lips. "Maddie!" He whisper-shouted and she sat up.

"What?" She nearly shouted back as the boy looked around to make sure he had woken up any of the other kids.

"I gotta talk to you. Come on." He told her as he climbed off the bed and stepped over Josh who had been asleep on an air mattress on the floor.

"I'm really starting to hate you." The blonde mumbled as she followed him out of the room and down the hall. "Where are we going?"

"Outside." He grabbed her hand and pulled her down the stairs, past Marcus who was passed out on the couch then out the door.

"Nathan." She groaned as he sat on the steps and she sat next to him. "This couldn't have waited until morning?"

"Look, Mads, I care about you. You know that."

"If you cared about me, why'd you wake me up?" She huffed, crossing her arms over her chest to cover up the fact that she didn't have a bar under the t-shirt she wore.

"So, your dad told me that the Feders are leaving tomorrow."

"Okay?"

"Josh is a Feder."

"Yeah, I know, but Nathan, why are you-"

"He's leaving." He cut her off. "And I need to know that you're gonna be okay. You don't do well with people leaving and I know you were starting to like him."

"Oh." She mumbled, her leg bouncing a little.

"I'm not trying to upset you, I just wanted you to know before they pack up and leave tomorrow."

"Okay."

"You gonna be alright?"

"Yeah." She nodded, giving him a smile. "I have the worst luck with guys." She let out a small chuckle and he wrapped his arm around her shoulders. "Oh, God, I'm my dad." She stated, her eyes wide and Nathan couldn't help but laugh maybe a little too loud. "Jerk." She elbowed him in the chest and he grunted in pain.