𝐱𝐢𝐯. 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐞

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE !
chapter fourteen ―― water slide

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE ! ❜chapter fourteen ―― water slide

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ MADDIE SMILED AS SHE LOOKED AROUND, people were in the pool or just walking around, it was packed, but she didn't care

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ MADDIE SMILED AS SHE LOOKED AROUND, people were in the pool or just walking around, it was packed, but she didn't care. She made her way back over to Josh and Nathan, who had both pulled off their shirts.

"It's gonna be a great day, fellas." She told them before she pulled her shirt over her head, leaving a floral print bathing suit that covered just enough of her chest so that it wasn't skimpy on display. Then she shimmed out of her shorts, leaving Josh stunned as he watched her.

"Dude, you're drooling." Nathan nudged him and he quickly looked away from the blonde as he wiped at his chin and the ginger laughed. "Okay, I'm hitting the pool."

"Stop right there, mister." Maddie stopped him. "Sunblock."

"Right." He huffed, making his way back over to her and she quickly sprayed him down before waving him off and turning to Josh.

"Arms." She smiled and he held his arms out as she sprayed his chest, then he turned and she got his back. She sprayed some in her hands then dropped the can and stood on her toes as she wiped it on his face. "There. All done. Can you get me?" He laughed a little as he bent down and picked up the can before spraying her with it, then she turned and he got her back, then he put some on his hands and carefully put it on her face, making her giggle.

"Let's hit the water slide!" Marcus cheered as he led the group through the crowd and Maddie was quick to grab Josh's hand and pull him with her. Nathan saw them walking away and jumped up to follow them, wrapping his arms around the couple and smiling.

"You two aren't even together and you're already nauseating." He told him. "Just thought you should know." He added as he moved to stand on the other side of Maddie.

"Sucks to be a third wheel, doesn't it?" She asked, making a face at him.

"When have you ever-"

"Every time you have a date you drag me along because you're nervous, then you end up not needing me and I'm left standing there like an idiot while you make out with whoever you're on a date with."

"That's not true. I tried to set you up with Tyler that one time."

"First of all, Tyler? Gross. Second, a surprise double date is a terrible idea."

"Oh, yeah, you got me there." He nodded and he laughed, shoving his shoulder and he stumbled.

"What would it have been like to grow up with you two?" Josh mumbled, mostly to himself.

"Pretty much this." Maddie told him. "Oh, and, you know, like really awesome." She added and the boy laughed.

"Oh, to dream." He mumbled and she nudged him, but she kept her hand in his even as her palm started to sweat.

"Daddy, this line's not even moving." Donna whined and all the younger kids agreed, the three teenagers stood in front of them laughing.

"I want mommy's milk!" Bean shouted rather aggressively.

"I know you do, son, but..."

"He wants mommy's milk. Give him some mommy's milk." Lenny laughed a little.

"No. N-No." Eric shook his head.

"Mommy's milk. Mommy's milk. Mommy's milk." Bean repeated.

"No, no damn it." Eric told the boy as he bent down closer to the boy. "No more mommy's milk, okay? You want milk, you're drinking regular milk." He looked up and saw a kid with a small milk carton. "Here, kid." He took the milk from the kid.

"Hey!"

"Don't give me any gruff right now. Here's a buck, now run along, run along." Eric turned back to Bean and held the milk out. "Here. Drink the milk out of the carton."

"I don't know if mommy would want me to."

"Just drink it, okay? Just like daddy does. Let me show you, okay?" Eric took a sip then held it out to Bean.

"Okay." Bean took the milk then took a drink. "I'm just like daddy!" He smiled and they all cheered.

"No more booby milk." Lenny clapped.

"Yay! More for us!" Kurt cheered.

"We have weird families." Maddie mumbled as she and the two boys looked back at them.

"I hope we end up like that." Nathan added. "You know, old, but coolish."

"We definitely will." Maddie nodded and the two high fived.

They stood in line for a little while longer before Marcus had a great idea and pulled the kids out of line.

"All right, doing the back-door shuffle. Cutting in line." He whispered as the adults led the kids through a broken fence

"Shh. Shh. Shh." Eric shushed them as he went in first.

"Don't get hurt." Lenny whispered.

"Dad, are we allowed to go through here?" Donna asked as Becky went in first, followed by Donna.

"Absolutely not but we're going anyway. All right, you're cool dad found this back in the day." Eric explained helping the kids through.

"Go up the ladder." Kurt whispered to the kids, Maddie and Josh were now in the front, leading the kids up the ladder until they all stood in a small room, Nathan holding Bean as the adults made their way into the room, Lenny squeezing forward to get to the door.

"Now's a good time." Lenny said as he turned to the group. "Maddie, Josh, you're up first."

"Let's do this." Maddie smiled as she pulled Josh to the door, Lenny opened it and the two rushed out, Maddie sitting down first then Josh sitting behind her with his arms around her, then they went down the slide and splashed into the pool. They were both laughing as they surfaced, then they swam towards the edge of the pool and climbed out before lacing their hands and making their way around the back, through the fence and up the ladder. A few of the kids had gone, so all that stood in the small room was Nathan who still held Bean, Becky, Donna, Keithie and the adults. "That was awesome." She told the ginger boy.

"Nate, you're up." Lenny told him.

"You ready, Bean?" He asked the boy.

"Yes!" He cheered then he made his way towards the door, when Lenny opened it he stepped up and put the kid in his lap before he went down the slide.