𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐣𝐮𝐥𝐲

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE !
chapter seventeen ―― fourth of july

❛ LIGHTNING IN A BOTTLE ! ❜chapter seventeen ―― fourth of july

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ MADDIE HAD WOKEN UP EARLY THE NEXT MORNING, earlier than she usually would have but she had good reason

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ MADDIE HAD WOKEN UP EARLY THE NEXT MORNING, earlier than she usually would have but she had good reason. She had her laptop and her camera on the table, with a short cable connecting them. She wore a smile as she shuffled through all the pictures she had taken over the weekend, most were of Josh. But there were plenty of everyone else. She had been up before the sun editing them and putting them together for a surprise she was planning for everybody.

"I need coffee." She mumbled as she pushed herself up, grabbing the mug she had been using, then she made her way into the kitchen where she poured herself more coffee, then she mixed in the cream and sugar before making her way back to her laptop. "This is gonna be great." He hummed as she took a sip of the hot beverage, her eyes on the screen, then she adjusted the glasses that sat on her nose – she really only wore them when she was editing pictures on her laptop.

She smiled as she closed her laptop, letting her head roll to the side to try and work out the pain in her neck. She looked out the window to see the sun had yet to rise, she smiled as an idea popped into her head. She downed the rest of her coffee then made her way up to the room she had been sharing with all the other kids, she bent down next to the air mattress Josh was asleep on and she poked his shoulder.

"Josh." She whispered, but he didn't move. "Josh, wake up. Please?" He shook him a little and he groaned as he sat up, dragging his hand down his face as he looked over at her.

"Maddie?"

"Come on, I wanna show you something."

"Really?" He mumbled, still half asleep.

"Yes, now get dressed and meet me outside." She told him. "Hurry." She told him then she pushed herself up and made her way out of the room, down the stairs, then out onto the porch. It wasn't long before Josh joined her, he was still half asleep, but he plopped down on the step above the one she sat on and rested his chin on her shoulder.