Chapter 10: Out Of Town

Marcy and Anne are sitting on the bench, far from the field, where Sasha used to train rookies at cheerleading. Now replaced by jocks and quarterbacks.

"I've always waited for Sasha every day you know?" Marcy lowers her tone and her head hung down, she's flicking the stones on the floor. While Anne gazes at her.

"It feels like a routine, I love watching her helping her team to train. Having fun, laughing and smiling." Marcy raises her chin, the turmoil and guilt are starting to eat inside of her.

Marcy sighs in regret, Anne leans her head on the nerd's shoulder.

"I never thought the day she is not here for now."

"It's not your fault Marce, you have the right to be angry for being mistreated."

"But not the right overreact Anne! I ended up hurting without thinking! Including Sawyer! Poor guy, he didn't deserve the hit! But he deserves some wisdom from me."

"What now? Sash isn't here and didn't reply to our messages! Bet there's a family issue going on." Anne mumbles at the end of her sentence.

"Probably, especially throwing out a gig occasion party without permission. It makes sense after all."

"Hopefully she's okay."

A third voice interjects, "Well, she's okay. But she headed to other states."

Marcy recoiled out of her seat, almost screeching at the top of her lungs. While Anne raises her head before Marcy rolls out beside her.

The girls turn to look at a familiar voice, it's Sawyer.

He awkwardly waves and cupped his patched cheek. "Hey...Sorry, for scaring you again. Marcy. And finally nice to meet you, Anne."

"Yeah, dude! Same!"

"It's okay! Your old habits do die hard Sawyer. How are you?" Marcy ungainly lifts herself and waves hello.

"Yeah, I'm fine, except for this one." He pointed out the patch that covered his cheek.

Marcy makes an expression of huge sympathy, "Sorry about that!"

Sawyer laughs quietly, "Nah, it's okay. I deserve that punch. Sorry again to treat you horrible before. I will help you as I can to make up. Are we still friends?"

Marcy subtly smiles, "It's progress."

Sawyer bows down formally, "It's a debt to pay."

"Yeah, but it will never be the same." Marcy sighs

"Of course, I'll just stay out of the way and help you to find Sasha."

"Deal?"

"Deal."

Anne intervenes, "Anyways, what do you mean Sasha is another state?"

"Yeah! What makes you say that? She hasn't texted us back!" Marcy started to wave her arms as she starts to worry.

Sawyer calms her down, "Well! From what I hear is that she was grounded."

Anne arched her brow, "How come I don't know that?"

"That's because you act like a short circuit that died when someone gossips right in front of you Anne."

Anne is embarrassed, "No need to point that one out Marce."

"Too late. Bleb." Marcy sticks her short tongue out.

Marcy gets back in her seat, Sawyer was staring at his phone from the start.

"From what I got from my source, She's four hours away. She still hasn't deleted the app location yet huh?"

Marcy cringes, "No wonder Sasha knows everything firsthand about tracking location apps and all."