𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘵

Kim Taehyung did not know where he was. He swears just a moment ago, he was out for a morning run. So why was he in the equivalent of a waiting room? The words in front of him read, Don’t worry. Angels don’t bite. Where the hell was he? The door opened, and he turned himself to see a pretty girl in a pencil skirt with a clipboard in her hands. 

‘Kim Taehyung,” his ears twitched when his name came out of her mouth, “Ms Oz is ready to speak with you.” 

Taehyung did not dare move. The girl turned towards the twenty-four-year-old idol, and he could swear that her eyes burned a brilliant glowing red at him. “Ms Oz will be speaking to you. You should not be keeping the Angel of Death waiting.” Taehyung did not know if it was the tone or the alias that made Taehyung’s blood run cold. 

He followed after the femlae who led him to an office. “Wait one moment.” 

Taehyung sat down and the girl was gone. Are girls supposed to just vanish that fast? A couple moments later, and the swoosh of an office chair came that revealed a middle aged woman with black hair tied back in a bun with greying streaks in her hair. She had glasses on her face and a file in her hands. 

“Kim Taehyung, correct?” the boy nodded his head. “I’m Oz. Well, that’s my nickname. You can call me Azazel.” the Angel of Death. Taehyung wnated to ask why he could call her Azazel, and the angel beat him to it. Although, cryptic. “Only people closest to us, in future and past, can call me Azazel. Now that introductions are out of the way,” Azazel closed the file and looked him dead in the eye, “You are dead. Welcome to the afterlife.” 

|{{OPENING_SEQUENCE_HERE]}|

I’m dead? I can’t be dead.” Taehyung told her. 

‘You are. That’s the only reason you would be here. Actually, that’s not the only reason you would be here. Being here in the Afterlife Administration Association means that you are dead. However, there is only one reason I would be doing your afterlife indoc.Out of everyone that has died so far today, you have been chosen for a second chance back to Earth.” 

“A second chance? At life?” Taehyung asked her. How was that even possible? When you die, you die. Unless you were rescucitated. But could he have been resuscitated by the way he died? How did he even die in the first place? 

“Yes and no. You will go back as a guardian angel for whoever we assign you to.” Azazel told him. “Now, before we continue, can you please state who you are, where you were born, and three things you like?” 

“Kim Taehyung. Daegu, South Korea. Animals, Music, and fashion.” Azazel peaked over at the file before she sighed. 

“Okay, so your match is a twenty-two-year-old female named [Y/N] [L/N]. She lives in Seoul, South Korea. I am going to send you back to Earth. However I am going to have to bend a fuck ton of rules you know. As an angel, you are not supposed to be seen by mortal eyes. However, because you are a celebrity, you probably don’t want a reminder that you’re dead if your fans cannot see you. But that might be difficult for [Y/N]-.” 

“How did I die?” Taehyung interjected. Through the whole ordeal, the angel of death had not told him how it was that he had died. 

“Hit-and-run.” 

“Why do you think I’m going to agree to become a guardian angel anyway for this [Y/N] person?” 

“Are you going to become a guardian angel?” 

“Well what does it mean to be a… guardian angel? You haven’t really told me much.” 

“You must keep your match alive for a minimum of one year in angel time. Which is the equivalent of three years. If you choose to do so, you may stay with your match longer than the three years. If your match dies within the three years you are with them, beside natural means, unspeakable things will happen to you. Will you become a guardian angel?”

“Yeah, I guess.” 

“Perfect! You really have no choice in the matter anyway. I am understaffed in Guardian Angels, and I have been making it mandatory for everyone chosen to take on the responsibility. What else is there to go over?” Azael gazed at the file again. “Ah! Powers, abilities, and the basics. You will be able to be seen by the population because of my rule breaking. However, your wings, should you grow them, will not be seen by anyone but you and your match. You may not get any angel powers other than the wings and the flying. Guardian Angels generally never get the powers that other angels do nor do they normally grow wings ei-.” 

The angel of death stopped talking as a timer went off and the sounds of heavy footsteps entered the vicinity. Guess the introductions would have to end here. 

Azazel looked into Taehyung’s eyes. “There is not much time, but I have to send you to Earth now. You have to find [Y/N] [L/N], explain who you are and your purpose.” 

A banging on her office door. “How do I make her believe me?” 

“You just have to figure that out!” a final bang that should have knocked the door down. 

“How do I-?”

“There isn’t any time for questions, sir. Send us far. Send us deep. Send us back where she waits for thee.” It was like a blinding light, and Kim Taehyung found himself when the light shimmered away, a tidy apartment and a yapping furball by his feet. 

He looked down to see a Yorkshire Terrier puppy with a name tag that Taehyung saw read Pepper. Taehyung picked up the dog in his arms, cooing and awing at the cute dog. He couldn’t help thinking if he and this [Y/N] person became friends that the dog named Pepper would be a good friend for Yeontan. 

The door to the apartment opened up, making Taehyung turn to the sound. A girl with [H/C] hair walked into the room with her phone against her ear, talking to someone. The girl took her fedora off her head and placed it on the hat stand. She took her sunglassess off and put it (along with her keys) in the cup on the shelf. 

That was when the girl’s eyes, a brilliant [E/C], landed on the idol standing in her den. Her eyes widened as a “HUH?!” left her mouth. 

1, 120 words.
Got any Theories? Predictions?
Don't forget to vote and comment!