𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐊 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

────── ✼✼✼ ──────

Primrose would be the first to admit she never thought they would be on the Sovereign planet. It wasn't because of how the planet was, it was actually pretty nice when there wasn't a storm. But the people that lived there were a proud and extremely serious species. In other words, the exact opposite of the Guardians, who were known across the galaxy for their antics and lack of seriousness.  The Quill woman never thought the Sovereign would actually ask them for help.

The brunette woman stood next to her brother as she stared at the device in her hands. The beeping could barely be heard over the thunderous storm that surrounded them. It wasn't long before the noises from the device started getting faster as the red line showed the creature they were about to face getting closer to their position. After Primrose scanned over the information in front of her one last time, she gently nudged Peter in his side before showing him the data on the screen.

"Showtime, a-holes," Peter announced with a smug smirk as he looked back up at the stormy sky, completely unaware of the eye roll he received from Primrose, "it will be here any minute."

"Which will be its loss," the Zehoberei woman announced while preparing the large blaster in her hands for the upcoming battle.

"I thought your thing was a sword?" the Quill man said, earning confused looks from both Gamora and Primrose.

"We've been hired to stop an interdimensional beast from feeding on those batteries, and I'm gonna stop it with a sword?" the raven-haired woman questioned without even attempting to hide the annoyance in her voice.

"It's just, swords were your thing and blasters were mine," Peter responded as he looked away from the Zehoberei woman and back up at the sky, "but I guess we're both doing blasters now. I just didn't know that."

"I use blasters, too, Pete," Primrose told her brother, causing him to look over at her before his smug smirk returned to his face.

"Yeah, but you're not very good with them," the Quill man stated, earning another elbow in the side that wasn't as gentle as the last.

"Drax, why aren't you wearing one of Rocket's aero-rigs?" Gamora questioned while Primrose kept her eyes glued to the screen in her hands and Peter kept his attention on the sky above them.

"It hurts," Drax muttered just loud enough for everyone to hear, making the Quill woman look up at her brother with a confused look on her face, only for him to shrug in response.