Hanafuda Earrings [MODERN AU FANFIC]

🐑✨🌍 Author stuff - Hey guys. How's life. Soooo it's my first fanfiction on this account... Anyways I thought this would be a good idea, cuz I was just like "Hey what if Tanjirou got his ears pierced? Or something like that..." So here you guys go!

Japan, October 16 2022 11:56pm

 -THIRD PERSON POV -

Tanjirou stared at his father's Hanafuda Earrings, swaying with every step. Thinking about what was going to happen, he gulped.

Of course he wanted to continue his family's tradition of performing the Hinokami Kagura at the beginning of every year... 

Tanjirou, being the person he was, thought he wasn't good enough to ward of the threats and diseases for the sake of his family.

TANJIRO POV - 

"We're here."

My head shot up and he looked at the familiar cottage in front of him. My otou-san's close friend, Saburo Oji-san was going to do the honors of piercing my ears.

'I was looking forward to this moment for a long time,' Tanjirou thought, 'but now that it's here, I-'

The door suddenly swung open.

"TANJUROU-SAN! TANJIROU-KUN! LONG TIME NO SEE!" A huge, husky voice burst out.

I jumped at least 3 steps back I heard that voice of his.

Otou-san looked at me, with one eyebrow raised. I blushed and looked down in embarrassment. 

"H- Hello Saburo Oji-san..." I said shyly.

Otou-san merely smiled.

"Please, please, do come on in. Tanjirou-kun, are you excited? You're going to be carrying your family's legacy from now on. As the oldest child in your family, right?"

"Y- Yes... I hope I will be able to fulfill my duties."

"NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!"

'Man, Saburo Oji-san is loud. He reminds me of that one guy, what's his name? Oh yeah. Inosuke. That loud obnoxious kid from my PE class. Not that Oji-san is obnoxious or anything...'

- Third Person POV -

Tanjirou stepped inside the cottage and looked around. He felt a sensation of nostalgia as he sniffed the air, a habit of his. 

To the 13-year old boy, it smelled like very caring people lived there, which was definitely true.

 Tanjirou knew he was going to be in good hands as he got his ears pierced, but he still felt a bit unsure, scared even.

On the table in the living room, he saw a needle and some alcohol swabs.

"Now if you would excuse me for a second, I will be right back," Tanjirou heard Saburo-san say.