meet - chapt one

(MINOR SPOILERS)

a loud pounding occured at my door, soon risen by dustins voice
"emma, get the hell up!! were gonna be late"
"shit" i mumbled
i pulled the blankets off my cold sweated body from the nightmare that i had and picked out some clothes to wear today.
i looked in the the body mirror displayed by my desk
"good enough" i sighed
i heard dustins footsteps leave my doorway,
"mom, remember i'll be at hellfire tonight."
"will y/n"
"well theres a huge game tonight so she probably wont be home any time earlier than 9"
"okay honey, please be careful. i love you dusty!!"
"love you mom.. emma!!"
"i am coming, dammit!"
i flung open my door as dustin put his body weight on the front door, leaning on it staring at his watch.
"love you mom, bye"
"love you bear!!"
i quickly put on my shoes, not bothering to tie them and shut the door behind me and dustin.

as we got to school, it was hell, like always but.. something just.. seemed off today.
my feet and fingers were tingling and there was an itchy feeling crawling up the back of my neck.
i just didnt pay attention to it and did what i loved most.
write.

today i feel weird. i feel itchy and tingly. my stomach kinda hurts and i have a bad headache and..

"ooo, whatcha writing about??"
i quickly shut the notepad
"nothing.."
nancy walked up beside me, looking like she was in a rush, as always.
"okay then, i'll see you around"
she gave a slight smile and waved as she walked quickly out of the crowded lunch room.

i heard footsteps behind me, so i looked back,
everything was.. empty..
there was ticking.. like..
"hello??" i yelled as i stood up from where i was once sitting.. in a full room of noisy kids.
i was dizzy as i rose from my seat.
there was a lurking feeling about this. there were veiny thick vines growing up the walls, slithering and making slippery noises as they grew on the walls. thicker and thicker. longer and longer.
the ticks of a clock grew louder, stronger, like it had power.
"emma!!" she yelled
"ph-phobe??"
where the hell am i.. what..
i ran out of the lunch room only to run into... a.. no..
i was then closed into a fitting room. the walls seemed to gape in.
there was a shattered mirror on the wall covered in vines.
the door shook.
"no..NO.."
i covered my ears
"let me in so we can try this one. its a couple sizes bigger!!"
the door rattled
"let me in emma!!"
the pounding became louder
the ticking drowned out everything
"open the fucking door emma!!"
"PHOBE LEAVE ME ALONE!"

i gasped
"emma!!"
"jes-jesus christ what dustin!"
"what the hell was going on..?"
"i-im just tired!"
i looked over my shoulder to see dustin and mike lurched over my shoulder looking confused.
dustin grabbed my hand and took me over to where he eats lunch at.
the hellfire table..

i sat down in between mike and dustin as they began talking about their plans for hellfire tonight as the game interferred with there d & d making lucas unavailable.
i guess the dude who runs hellfire or whatever isnt gonna be here until.. until they go to hellfire or whatever.

i sat there and jabbed at my cup of fruit with my fork still trying to get a grasp of what the hell just happened.
"so, whos this young lady?"
one of the men spoke.
i got goosebumps up and down my legs. it was cold now.
this doesnt feel.. right.
"thats dustins.. sister. older sister."
"yea, she graduates this year."
my head is throbbing! am i dying. is there someone inside of me.. am i..
"ahh, i see. soo, would she be willing to fill in for lucas?"
i looked up escaping that disgusting feeling.
"hell no! theres a huge game tonight, why cant you guys just wait for another night."
"its the final battle! we need a fill in, please emma!"
i rolled my eyes.
"fine, but if nance gets pissed because im not there at the game.."
"its on us." mike and dustin both said with a sigh.
you shrug and excuse yourself holding your notepad and throwing away your fruit cup in the nearest trash can.
as i walked out of the lunch room, an arm pulled me in hard.
"jesu-"
"why were you sitting at lunch with those hellfire meatheads... besides dustin and mike of course.."
"i dont understand why it matters!"
"whatever."
"just because you're my ex and my brothers "bestfriend" doesnt give you an excuse to get to chew me up like a piece of gum."
"im steve god damn harrington, emma. what'd you expect."
i didnt respond
"thats eddie they were talking about. bad news. hes bad news."
"i havent met him, but id love to know the things you are saying about this eddie guy, is bullshit."
he held a firmer grip on my wrist.
"hes bad news emma."
he pushes me away letting go of my wrist, making me fall back a little bit.
damn harrington, hes holy good looking but behind that huff of hair is a petty asshole.
eddie's bad news.. i call bs!
i guess we'll just see then tonight then..

a/n : i suck at writing AND WE ARE NOT GONNA TALK ABT MY OLD STORIES. 😵‍💫 but anywayssss... hope you guys liked this i'll be posting chapt two in like maybe twenty mins. i already have it written i just need to edit it 💓