↠ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

'

'.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

MONDAY, MARCH 31, 1969

Alexandria, dressed in her finest court clothes, hung her head over the toilet. It was an awful way to start off the morning, especially when she had to appear in court in just a few hours looking presentable.

George strode into the room after a moment, his palm facing upward and his other hand clutching a glass of water. "I brought your medicine," George said, and just as soon as his lips closed, Alexandria's stomach lurched again, and she vomited. George wrinkled his nose in distaste.

"Christ," Alexandria hissed, coughing violently. She moved her head immediately, trying to keep the mess out of sight.

"That's absolutely foul, Alex," George said, also trying his best to keep his eyes away from the toilet bowl. He lowered his outstretched palm and Alexandria reached for the pills, throwing them back and swallowing them even without water.

"Ta, Geo. I appreciate tha'," she slurred, trying to keep the pills down without a fight.

"Appears you've taken ill, huh?" George said. "You runnin' a fever?" He put a lazy smile on his lips and leaned against the counter.

Alexandria leaned back against the wall and scowled at her husband. Then, she thrust her hand out. "Help me up," she said. "And then, leave. I may very well piss on myself if I don't get up from here soon."

"Oh, Alex, and the ways that she's changed," George sighed, taking her hand and pulling her to her feet.

She pushed on his chest. "Now, go!" she commanded.

George waved his hands in protest. "All right, all right, I'm goin'," he said.

George stood outside the bathroom and waited patiently, leaning against the wall and staring at the water still in his right hand. It was a wonder the liquid hadn't already been spilled. Not too long later, Alexandria emerged from the bathroom with her arms wrapped around her stomach. "Oh, I hate this," she said glumly.

"I, for what it's worth, admire your bravery," George said with a grin. "Takes real dedication to fight the battle that you fought in there."

Alexandria rolled her eyes, then reached for the water in his hands. She took a careful sip of it, waiting for it to settle safely in her stomach before even thinking about moving. "I just hope it'll stay away while we're in the bloody courtroom. Can't imagine what the judge would say if I just started vommin' everywhere."

"He'd probably forget all about the drug charges and hand the court over to the media. Lord knows they'd have a field day with that. Could even give away our rather large secret, couldn't it?"

Alexandria gulped. "Yeah, it could," she said, pressing a hand to her stomach. She felt as if her tiny bulge grew by the day. Someday soon, it would be a full baby bump, and then how would she hide her pregnancy from the media? She looked down and smoothed her hand over the little protrusion between her hips and smiled jokingly. "Keep all that food in there, all right, little one?" she joked. "Make me vom a few more times here if you've got to, just don't make me do it in the courtroom with all those reporters watchin'."