ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

We arrived at the Qixi Festival, and standing beside me were Mr

We arrived at the Qixi Festival, and standing beside me were Mr. Han and my mom. I was wearing a dress above the knee, with a clip in my hair and a little make-up. As I looked around, I noticed the beautiful decorations and couldn't help but admire them. "It's so beautiful," I exclaimed, while my mother hummed in agreement.

I glanced at my mom and Mr. Han and asked, "Mom, can I go for a walk? I want to meet Meiying." She nodded quickly, and I looked at Mr. Han, smiling at him.

Swiftly, I ran away from them, slowing down as nervousness started to creep in. I began exploring the festival grounds, and soon, I noticed three familiar faces sitting on a bench. The first to spot me was Zhuang, and his eyes widened as he tapped Cheng's shoulder, pointing in my direction.

Cheng looked at me and broke into a wide smile, while I returned a more subtle smile. They approached me, and Liang smirked at me, teasing, "I see Cheng has a date, and it's not Meiying." Cheng nudged him playfully.

"You look really pretty," Zhuang complimented me, causing me to blush.

"I think you should leave now," Cheng said, pushing his friends away. He then looked at me with a smile and said, "You're really pretty too." I smiled back and replied, "Well, thank you. You look handsome today." We both shared a laugh.

"Can I hold your hand?" Cheng asked, and I hesitantly nodded. He gently took my hand in his, and I could feel my heart race.

We continued walking together, hand in hand. After a while, I gathered the courage to ask him a question. "Why didn't you ask Meiying?" I inquired, looking at him intently.

"Because I knew she would say no, and she's busy," he replied, and I felt a pang of sadness. "Then why did you ask me?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"I don't know, but I just want to get to know you better," he said, his smile unwavering. I started to remove my hand from his, but he tightened his grip.

As we strolled, we came across an ice cream vendor. "What flavor do you prefer?" Cheng asked, and I scanned the flavors before pointing to the mint chocolate. "Two mint chocolate, please," Cheng requested, handing the vendor some money.

"I have money, don't waste it on me," I protested, but he shook his head and smiled. The vendor handed us the ice creams, and we both bowed in gratitude. I eagerly started eating mine, gasping at how delicious it was. "This is really good," I exclaimed loudly, making Cheng laugh. I continued enjoying my ice cream.

Suddenly, I spotted a claw machine in the corner with a dinosaur plush toy, and some children were playing with it. Excitedly, I grabbed Cheng's arm and dragged him toward the machine. He looked at me in astonishment and pointed at the claw machine, teasing, "Are you a kid?" When I glared at him, the children quickly scattered.

I approached the machine, determined to win the plushie. I reached for my wallet but realized I had no coins. Turning to Cheng, who was still licking his ice cream, I asked with a smile, "Do you have a coin? Can I have one?" He nodded and handed me his wallet, which contained numerous coins.