Chipped Tooth

Raquelle and Barbie started getting along better than ever after realizing they had the same strange dream. They both regret that they were never friends before because they now find it impossible to live without the other, and they now see each other as their biggest supporters. Raquelle was constantly reassured by Barbie that they were on an equal footing and that she should audition for the roles she's always wanted.

After a while, Raquelle finally felt like she was enough. She at last felt as though she was no longer under Barbie's shadow and that she's getting the appreciation she wanted, much of which came from Barbie when she learned how little Raquelle felt she received.

Raquelle, meanwhile, urged Barbie to speak up and to be confident in expressing her opinions. She knew that Barbie had once been fired, but she was unaware that the reason was because Barbie had objected to the director. When Barbie told her that story, she never wanted to shove someone to incoming traffic until then.

This whole "rivals to friends" dynamic going on between them reminded Raquelle of the mermaid movie Barbie starred in— yes, she watched it. She watched all of the movies Barbie starred in. Not that she'd tell her though.

Ever since they started hanging out a lot more, there have been rumors that they were more than friends. Following the release of the information concerning Ken and Barbie's breakup, those speculations gained greater traction.

It didn't bother Barbie, she said that since it wasn't true, it would just die down sooner or later.

But it bothered Raquelle.

Because the rumors aren't completely false, she had feelings for Barbie. It was consuming her because she didn't know if Barbie felt the same way. She detested the fact that it was impossible to determine if Barbie was being touchy out of fondness or if she was always that way with all of her friends.

But as the Academy Awards drew near, she shoved those thoughts to the back of her mind. Raquelle and Barbie going together and holding hands would have been the envy of everyone. Barbie was unable to go, however, she suddenly got sick.

Raquelle sighed, tumbling face first onto the bed next to Barbie, "It's like the world doesn't want you to receive your first Oscar." She's been sleeping over Raquelle's house a lot lately. "I really wanted to go with you." she added.

"I really wanted to go with you too," Barbie said as she started to play with Raquelle's hair. "But honestly? You're the one winning. I can feel it."

Raquelle sat up to face Barbie, but whined slightly when she stopped playing with her hair. Even though she knew she had a good chance of winning and truly believed she did well, she refrained from bragging about it. Old Raquelle most likely would have done so though.

"You really think I'm gonna win?" Raquelle asked, still worried.

Barbie nodded with a smile, "I know so."

Raquelle prayed Barbie wouldn't notice that her face began to flush. "If I win—"

Barbie corrected, "When you win..."

Raquelle rolled her eyes but smiled. "When I win, I would want you to be there though."

"So you could rip my dress again?" Barbie joked.

"So you could cheer for me." Raquelle said with a huff, pretending to be offended. "It'll be boring without you."

"I'll be cheering for you from over here, remember that." Barbie reassured her. "I don't want you missing out because of me."

Raquelle wanted to object and say that staying with her would be a lot better. However, the people who are going to do her hair and makeup would soon be at her house to assist her in getting ready, so she made the decision not to.