first kiss

"It's a beautiful night." You said as you stared up at the sky while walking through the park with Millie.

"It is," Millie said as she swung your intertwined hands back and forth. "But you're even more beautiful."

You became flustered over her words, which caused a big smile to tug at her lips.

"Come on, let's sit down here. It looks like this spot will have a great view of the stars." She said and walked across the grass with you.

She laid a blanket down on the grass and watched you lay down after putting the picnic basket aside.

"Are you chilly at all?" Millie asked as she sat on the blanket beside you.

"A little." You answered.

"Sit up then, darling."

You sat up and watched as she shrugged her hoodie off.

"Millie, you didn't need to do that. What if you get chilly?"

"Don't worry about it." She softly spoke as she caressed your cheek. "I'll just hold onto you if that happens."

You couldn't help but smile as a flutter appeared in your heart.

This is your second date but it's the first one where you're in an official relationship.

You swear that you haven't felt this happy before.

You're crazy about Millie and Millie is just as crazy about you.

And even though it's still early in your relationship, you can't deny that Millie makes you excited for the future, to see what lays ahead for you both.

"You don't need to feel cold to hold onto me." You said as she tucked a strand of hair behind your ear.

She gazed into your eyes, noticing that they were just as starry as the sky above.

She didn't say anything in response and she didn't do anything for a few seconds, either.

But then, she felt the intense urge to kiss you and it was a desire stronger than anything she's ever felt before.

It was undeniable and irresistible and she wanted more than anything to feel your lips against hers.

But, even then, she felt hesitant about just kissing you so suddenly.

So, as she leaned in, she stared into your eyes only to look down at your lips and then back into your eyes.

You knew what she was asking you.

And you wanted to kiss her just as badly as she wanted to kiss you.

But instead of giving her a verbal response that it was okay for her to just lean on and put her lips on yours, you beat her to it and put your hands on her shoulders as you push your lips against hers.

She was surprised at first.

But she melted only a few seconds after and happily deepened the sweet kiss you were giving her.

Her soft lips moved against yours and as you wrapped your arms around her neck, she put her hands on your hips and pulled you closer.

She slowly pulled away from your lips and then dropped her forehead against yours, exhaling shakily before a smile pulled at her lips.

"That," she paused as she caressed your cheek softly. "Is the best first kiss I've ever had."

"Same here." You smiled.

"And I'm so crazy about you."

"I'm so crazy about you too, Millie."

She felt her heart skip a beat before she put her lips back on yours, laying you down on the blanket on the grass as you kissed beneath the stars, making it the most romantic and beautiful night you've ever had.