~Your Type (Marellinh)~

Hey, everyone! I really wanted to write some cute lesbians as I was sitting at my computer, listening to music, so after a while of debating over which prompts to use for this ship, I settled on- well, you'll see in a minute. Let's go, lesbians!

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Linh's POV✩

The warmth of the sleeping bag engulfed me as I settled into what I thought would be a good night's sleep. Snores from my brother's blonde boyfriend kept me awake, keeping my light blue eyes wide open all the way to midnight. I was about to get up and get myself some tea from the Everglen kitchen the sleepover with all of my friends took place at, until a small noise startled me and a speak escaped from my lips.

"Hey, Linh!" a voice continued to whisper. I whipped my head around, to see a beautiful blonde girl curled up in a cobalt blue sleeping bag. Her eyes were just as wide as mine, and her lips curled upward into an excited grin.

"Linh! You're awake!" Marella whisper shouted to me. I nodded my head groggily, causing Marella to wrinkle her nose.

"You look a little tired, though. You still look adorable, but you've got eyebags," Marella whispered casually, making a warm sensation creep up to my face. Marella thought I was cute?

Marella looked at me with sympathy and a twinge of disappointment as her grin faded to a frown, her own eyelids drooping a little as she looked at me. "Never mind, I'll let you sleep. Goodnight."

"Wait!" I whispered as Marella turned over to face the wall behind her, making her turn back to me curiously. "I'm not gonna be sleeping anytime soon."

Marella grinned sweetly, making me subconsciously scoot my sleeping bag closer to her until the bags were touching lightly. "Linh, you need your rest. It's okay, go to sleep."

"Marella, I want to talk to you. I don't want to sleep," I persisted, making the Pyrokinetic raise her eyebrows in light surprise.

"Really?" Marella said hopefully, her adorable ice blue eyes shining with happiness. I giggled softly at her, gently elbowing her in the sleeping bag.

"Of course, dummy," I giggled, receiving a genuine smile from Marella that shined brighter than the sun.

"Want to sneak outside?" Marella whispered to me. I nodded with enthusiasm, wriggling out of my light pink sleeping bag to follow Marella out of the room. I closed the door behind us, wincing as the hinges creaked. A couple shadows stirred in their slumbers, but nobody seemed to notice me and Marella running down the crystal staircase with excitement.

"Keefe snores too much," I admitted to Marella quietly. She snorted with laughter at me, lighting up my cheeks with triumph.

"Same with Fitz," Marella said, rolling her eyes. "Can you believe I actually had a crush on him at one point?"

My heart sank to the floor, but I pretended to be unfazed as I gasped with shock. "Really?"

"Yeah, apparently." I followed Marella to an empty guest room on one of the countless floors of the mansion, complete with beige bed sheets and wallpaper that made the room look especially bland compared to Marella's fiery irises glinting in the moonlight shining through the window. "I didn't have taste back then, though."

"Yeah, no kidding," I scoffed. "He's so not my type." Marella and I sat on the beige bed, sitting on our knees while facing each other.

"What is your type, then?" Marella asked me quietly, making my heart stop. Marella Redek wanted to know...my type? In a platonic way, right?

"Well..." I started, trying to dance around the truth as much as I could, because I knew the truth very well.

I liked a girl. Her, to be specific.

"Very confident, brave, always put her friends before herself, cares about me, and a very loud demeanor in general, very...fiery," I finished as casually as I could, pretending not to notice the way Marella's ice blue eyes sparkled with amusement. She scooted to me to feel each rapid breath I took against her lips. Her eyes moved downward to my lips as hers parted slightly.

"Did you just describe me?" she asked me quietly, whispering into my mouth to let me swallow her words and favor them. My hands twitched with anticipation as she scooted her lips even closer to mine, practically on my lap at this point.

"Maybe," I whispered, struggling to maintain my nervous giggles. Marella opened her mouth slightly before crashing her lips onto mine hastily, knocking me down and pinning me on the sheets below by my wrists.

"I am in love with you," Marella told me, pulling away and looking me in the eyes desperately. "Do you love me?"

"Of course I do," I whispered elatedly. "Kiss me already."

Marella smiled, and crashed her lips onto mine, pulling away and crashing them again and again and again, all while the widest smile was plastered on her face.