Welcome To The Family

London. October 1, 1989

Cindy was walking down the street one evening down the streets of London, with an umbrella over her head while she made her way back to her apartment. She was thinking about what she would make when she finally got home, she was famished. Little did she know what took place in the next 60 seconds as she continued to walk, her feet padding against the wet sidewalk, the prickles of rain splashing on the umbrella. Cindy stopped suddenly in her tracks upon feeling a roll in her stomach, she gasped at the feeling, her hand grasping her stomach as she bent over in pain. This made the passerbyers's stop in their tracks as Cindy started to cry out, her stomach swelling, she fell to her knees. And in the next 60 seconds, Cindy gave birth to a healthy baby girl.

On the 12th hour of the first day of October 1989, 17 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible.

He had made his way into the apartment, his silver trench coat and gray hat on his head, knocking only three times before Cindy answered, a questioning look crossed her face as she came face to face with the strange man. Reginald presented himself before Cindy hesitated to let him into her home, leading him to the newborn. He cocked his head and with a crude smile turned to the woman.

"Extraordinary, really." Reginald said, the baby started to cry, Cindy picked up her child, holding her to her chest. "How much do you want for it? Surely you do not want to keep it, not in this state of living."

"I would do just fine on my own." Cindy snapped at the man, recoiling as she regretted letting him into her home. "She is my baby, I-I never thought that-."

"That's quite the sentiment really, you know I like a spirited negotiator. I can give a whole new life, a fresh start, anything you could ever want, no strings attached." Reginald said.

He got eight of them.

...

You hated your siblings, if you could even call them that. It wasn't that you were a family, you were raised to be a team, always following the leader, Marcus. When you weren't doing missions or doing excessive workout routines you were in the library. Flipping through books of what you wished your life would've been instead of what it had become. The amount of time you daydreamed about your mother, the life and love you could've received, it cut in and out of important things, the amount of times you've been snapped at for daydreaming was far too many to count. You would read books about family, having a family one day, falling in love. It was something you indefinitely longed for as the years stretched on, being locked inside of this place. You had no choice but to stay.

"Hey, Y/n, we're getting pizza." Jayme said, opening the door to the library, you perked up at the voice, looking at your sister, before crossing your arms, hiding the book you were reading. You knew that it was obvious that you read but you didn't want her to know what exactly you were reading. She wouldn't know but it was erotica, but that didn't stop you from hiding it.

"Okay."

"Do you want to tag along?"

"No."

"You sure?" Jayme asked.

"Yes."

"What are you reading?"

"Nothing." You said, your face turning red as your sister walked over to you. You stood up staring at her, your eyes hard as you held the book close to your chest.

"It's definitely something." Jayme replied.

"Well I mean it's none of your business." You snapped, you looked up at her, you knew you didn't look intimidating, though your powers matched well up with your sister, you were still tiny. All your life your family has called you Tinker Bell, always making fun of your size and power.