ɪ - ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴀᴛ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ.

ғᴇʙʀᴜᴀʀʏ 𝟸ɴᴅ, 𝟸𝟶𝟺𝟺.

That day, I couldn't stop crying. The tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face. I sobbed and sobbed as Michelle comforted me, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. 

"Don't cry, Y/N. I'm confident we'll see each other again in the future." she said soothingly, hugging me tightly.

I sniffled and looked up at her. "Please don't go! It's not going to be the same here without you! And Ray's a big bully!" I cried, glaring at Ray from across the room.

"Wow, I'm flattered." he said with a dramatic eye roll.

Norman, who was standing next to Ray, snickered. I huffed at him and went back to nagging at Michelle to stay.

After about another five minutes of my complaining and sobbing, Michelle looked away from me and at a table near us. It was her beloved camera, filled with video recordings and memories of the past.

Michelle had mentioned that she wanted to become a professional photographer once she was older. It was a hobby of hers. She loved taking photos of animals, plants, and people. 

"As much as I would love for this touching moment to continue, it's time for you to meet your foster parents, Michelle." Mama said, a smile plastered on her face.

"Just a moment, Mama." Michelle said with a smile. She walked over to the table and grabbed her camera, then walked back and gave it to me. 

"I want you to keep this, Y/N. It's something for you to remember me by until we see each other again." she said happily.

"Wha- no, I couldn't keep this. It's yours!" I said tearfully. 

"No, I insist you take it. I'm looking forward to seeing you when we're older, snowflake." she said, patting me gently on the head.

"But-"

"Michelle, it's time to go!" Mama said urgently.

"Coming, Mama!" Michelle said gleefully, giving me one last hug before grabbing her trunk and skipping over to the door.

It had all happened so fast. I remember just sitting there baffled, then bursting into tears on the spot. 

I remember looking at the camera in my hands, wondering if I should go to the gate to give it to her.

I picked the lock of the back door, then opened it and shut it quietly behind me, camera in hand. 

There's no way I was just going to keep Michelle's beloved camera. I knew the guilt would eat me alive. I also thought no one had seen me go, but I was wrong. That musty emo fringe Ray saw me.

I hadn't been outside at night in a while. It was actually pretty nice for a change. Unfortunately, it was extremely cold out there, and it was snowing. I felt as though the bitter winter air was going to swallow me whole. 

I ran as fast as I could, because I knew if I didn't make it in time she would probably already be gone. On my way there, I could hear blood curdling screams coming from somewhere. I remember wondering what that was about.

Once I made it to the gate, I walked past it, examining the creepy alleyway that was behind it. There was an eerie looking truck in front of me, and I couldn't help but wonder what was inside. 

"What could be in here?" I whispered to myself. I could see my breath in the cold winter air as I spoke.

There were some red curtains draped over the back of the truck. I remember wondering where Michelle was. 

"Hm... maybe if I were to leave the camera in either the back or the front, she'd find it." I whispered to myself.

I proceeded to separate the curtains and place the camera in the back of the truck. It smelled really funny in there. Almost like... rotten eggs? Expired milk?

No, that couldn't have possibly been it.

Maybe... blood? You see, I had quite a keen sense of smell when I was younger. 

I looked down and saw the most traumatizing thing I had seen in my entire life. I couldn't believe my eyes.

It was Michelle.

...

And she was dead.

Her mouth was agape, her eyes wide in shock, a deep red flower pierced into her chest as she lay there helplessly.

I shouldn't have gone to the gate that day. I really shouldn't have. But unfortunately, that's how life is. 

Absolutely nothing goes the way you want it to.

Your loved ones are taken from you along the way. Or maybe... that's just the way my life is. I'm not quite sure about you.

....

Hello there. I'm Y/N. I guess you could say my life is pretty awful.

Welcome to my wonderful world of heartbreaks, deaths, despair, and demons. I do hope you enjoy your time here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

thanks for reading! i hope u enjoyed the first chapter of this mess. stay safe! <3

word count: 789