~Please Stay (Marellinh)~

Hello shes, gays, and theys!

YourEverdayOmniKid has requested a Marellinh oneshot, and with the assistance of a little something called Pinterest, I found a cute prompt to write these two with. So, here you go, Omni Kid! Enjoy!

Random note: don't you guys just love describing character in the rain, or characters that just out of the pool? I don't know why, but I just love writing lesbian oneshots that have something to do with ocean, or a pool, or rain...or just something water. It's sooo cute!

Second random note: I don't know if I already added this link to one of my oneshots, but here's a lesbian playlist I listen to...a lot. I recommend You Make All The Pretty Girls Cry and Manic Pixie Dream Girl. Girls and Girls Like Girls are both absolute classics as well. I Met Sarah In The Bathroom always slaps, the aesthetic is just... *chefs kiss*. Oh, and I Wish You Liked Girls? PERFECTION.

Third random note: LINH'S PARENTS ARE NICE PEOPLE IN THIS!

Anyways...

________________________________________________________________________________

✩Marella's POV✩

The warm glow of the light inside the house shone with a cozy and welcome demeanor, making me feel almost reluctant as I stood outside on the porch of Linh's house, covered by the stone covering enough to shield me from the dark, gray clouds ahead, appearing morbid and bleak compared to the bright light inside.

"Thank you so much for inviting me for dinner," I said gratefully, shaking Linh's mom's hand politely. The woman returned the gesture courteously and smiled at my other hand, which was entwined with Linh's. A light blush spread across my cheeks as I tried to quickly pull away, but Linh's grip was surprisingly strong given her sweet, gentle personality.

"It was nothing," Linh's mom reassured lovingly, wrapping me into a tight hug. "Oh, I'm just so happy you're finally apart of the family. Come by anytime."

"Thank you," I said nervously in her good intentioned but slightly uncomfortable embrace, flashing a nervous grin at Linh, who gave me a thumbs up back.

"I should be heading back," I said, pulling away from the unusually tight hug. "My dad wants me to be home by nine."

"It was nice seeing you, Marella," Linh's mom said sincerely, clasping her hands together. She turned to her daughter and beamed at us brightly. "Will you walk Marella home, dear?"

"Sure, Mom," Linh blushed with embarrassment as her gaze flickered to me and then away. She eventually managed to meet my eyes, fidgeting with the silver tips of her hair that shone brightly in the golden light coming from the kitchen. "Let's go?"

I grinned. "Yeah, let's." Linh's mother closed the door, and Linh waited till her footsteps retreated back to the lit kitchen before hugging me tightly, jumping up and down.

"You did it! I'm just..." Linh breathed out a sigh of relief. "So glad my mother accepts us. I was worried for a second there, y'know."

"We'll be okay," I assured her, chuckling softly as I looked into her cheerful light blue eyes. "We always are."

Linh smiled, her eyes drifting to my lips before she intertwined her fingers behind her back and gave me a quick peck on the lips. I massaged the back of her neck tenderly, sharing a soft, sweet kiss between us. She giggled into the kiss, clashing her teeth softly against mine to generate a weird sensation that felt like biting into ice cream, but I didn't mind.

"You're so adorable," she told me, making my face turn bright red and taking away my ability to respond. Linh ran her hands through my matted blonde hair, pulling at the tangles and grazing over the silky patches. I could feel her hot breath against my cheek as she played with my hair some more, taking all the smooth strands she could find and twirling them with her nails. Occasionally her hand would brush against my scalp, sending a sparkly sensation into my brain like electricity.

"Should we walk now?" she whispered in my ear softly as she finished her third braid in my blonde hair. The braids, due to the lack of any elastic or rubber band, didn't stay put, but Linh weaved them with all her energy invested in them anyway.

"Maybe," I said quietly, even though walking was the last thing I wanted to do right now. I closed my eyelids shut, blacking out everything in the world except the feeling of Linh's hands braiding my hair, her fingers grazing my scalp and her wrists brushing against the side of my face.

"I don't want you to go," Linh admitted softly, the sound of her voice seeping into my brain through my ear. She continued to furiously braid one specific trio of blonde strands, weaving them back together when they parted from each other right as she let go.

"I could stay a little longer," I mumbled into her touch, refusing to open my eyes and feel anything else but her.

"Please stay," she told me quietly, gripping the strands of my hair a little tighter as she continued to braid, braid, and braid.

"I will," I whispered back, opening my eyes to see hers shining brightly at mine, her lips curled upwards into a hopeful smile.