ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Days had passed since the Qixi festival, and I found myself consumed by frustration over my emotions regarding Cheng

Days had passed since the Qixi festival, and I found myself consumed by frustration over my emotions regarding Cheng. I couldn't understand why I had been crying and why I felt so much pain. I spent the entire night crying before finally falling asleep.

In the following days, I decided to focus on Mr. Han's training, immersing myself in it completely. I could feel myself improving and becoming stronger. At school, I started tutoring Zhuang, but when he asked me about what had happened, I simply brushed it off and told him that nothing had happened. He grew silent, and we continued our studies without further discussion.

During lunch breaks, I would often see Cheng sitting with Meiying. To avoid any trouble or confrontation, I chose to sit with my other friends or by myself. Whenever Cheng caught sight of me with Meiying, he would say nasty things, so I made a conscious effort to avoid Meiying and stay out of any conflicts.

Now, Mr. Han and I were on our way to a temple. As we arrived, I was amazed by the sight of numerous stairs leading up to the entrance. It seemed like a monumental challenge, and with every step I took, I found myself gasping for breath while Mr. Han walked effortlessly beside me.

"Are we there yet?" I groaned, feeling the strain in my legs with each step. Mr. Han responded with satisfaction, "Soon." I struggled to keep up, my body aching from the exertion. Then, in between breaths, I asked, "By the way, how do you say water in Chinese?"

"Shui," he replied.

"Shui," I coughed, "I really need some shui, Mr. Han. I think I'm going to die," I exclaimed, and he glanced at me before continuing up the stairs. After what felt like an eternity, we finally reached the top.

"I'm so thirsty, Mr. Han," I said, looking around and noticing a well in front of me with a kung fu symbol on it. Slowly, I approached the well, and Mr. Han took a sip, then said, "Is this a dragon well?"

"Shao [name], your challenge is complete. Take a sip from the well. Legend has it that if you drink from it, no one will be able to defeat you," he explained, urging me to try it.

Excitedly, I dipped my face into the well and began drinking. Suddenly, Mr. Han slapped my shoulder, causing me to look at him in confusion. "I said take a sip, don't put your face in there," he reprimanded, and I rolled my eyes. "But it's so tasty," I exclaimed, savoring the refreshing water.

"The best water I've ever tasted," Mr. Han added, chuckling. I looked around and noticed a snake perched on the edge of the well. Curiosity piqued, I slowly approached the snake, observing its movements. Then, I saw a woman near a small window, lifting her foot and catching the snake's attention.

The snake seemed to follow her every move, and I couldn't help but stare in astonishment. Sensing my bewilderment, Mr. Han joined me at the window. "What is she doing, Mr. Han?" I asked, my eyes still fixed on the woman, trying to memorize her every posture.