①⑧

𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 18 ~ 𝓤𝓹 𝓲𝓷 𝓕𝓵𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓼

☆☆☆☆☆

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

"Alright, buddy. We gotta go. We're gonna be late." Brian walks out onto the porch of their family home, carrying Jack's backpack, and picking him up from where he was driving a car across a package that had been left outside. "Come on." Jack continued to wave his toy car around in the air, imitating car noises, as Brian said, "Okay, uh, what do you think? Parking brake slide right up to school?"

"Where's mommy?" Jack asked, Brian just shrugged as he continued carrying the boy to the minivan parked on the driveway, "I don't know. She's up there. She's coming."

"Oh." Jack said as Mia and Brielle stepped out onto the porch, Mia smiling at the two.

"Here we go." Brian put his son in the car seat, as Brielle nudged Mia with a smile, "You ever thought we'd end up here? Again?"

"No." Mia pauses, "But I'm glad we did.... How's Luca by the way?"

"What do you mean?" Brielle asked faking a confused look, before Mia sighed with a chuckle, "Don't think I don't see how you both look at each other. It's the same way I look at Brian, and the same way Dom looks at Letty."

Brielle smiles, "Okay, fine. There may be... um.. something going on between us. But, um, I haven't heard from him since, Luke signed his transfer papers."

Mia frowned, "How long ago was that?" "Three weeks ago. But, uh, it's cool, he's probably busy." Brielle sighed, as Mia pulled her in for a hug, noticing the package on the porch, "Dom, you have a package out here! It's from Tokyo."

"Tokyo?" Dom stepped out onto the porch, "What? Is Han trying to convert me over to a turbocharger?"

Mia chuckled before the two look over to Brian, who was buckling Jack into the car seat, whilst Brielle spots something on top of the package. As she stepped over to look at what it was, Jack threw his toy car out the door, making Brian pick it up, saying, "Hey, buddy. Cars don't fly."

"Hey, cars don't fly." Jack repeated clapping his hands, making Brian laugh as he moved back over, "This one did, huh?"

"Brian in a minivan. Things have changed." Dom stepped of the porch, amused, Mia followed him, "He's struggling, Dom. He doesn't want me to see it, but the white picket fence is like an anchor on him. I can tell. I tried to talk to him the other night, and you know what he said? He doesn't miss the girls, he doesn't miss the cars. He misses the... bullets."

Dom just smiled and looked at her, "Let him settle in. Give him time."

Brielle took the unsealed envelope off the box and walked down to the others, looking up when Mia responded with, "How does nine months sound?"

When both Dom and Brielle looked at her, shocked, Mia smiled and nodded, "I'm having another baby."

Brielle pulls her in for a hug, grinning from ear to ear, as Dom smiles but then Mia looks down with a frown and sighs, making the other two look over at Brian and Jack, Dom asking an already answered question, "And you didn't tell him, did you?" Brielle sighed at her sister, "You gotta tell him, Mia. He needs to know."

"I don't want him to be disappointed with his life." Mia looked down sadly, "With me."

"He will never be disappointed in you." Dom shook his head, placing his hands on Mia's shoulders, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to him." Brielle nodded, stroking her arm comfortingly, "Ain't that the truth. Who knows what could've happened to him, without you."

Mia smiled giving them both a hug, "Thank You." She pulled back and continued walking down the steps, as Dom's phone rang.

Brielle walked slowly down the steps opening the unsealed envelope which held the note. But then she stopped as she pulled out a photograph. Of her family. Her mom. Her brothers. Her sister. 

Turning the picture over there was a note on the back,

Remember us? Your family. Well you're about to.
I'll see you soon, Elle.
Love, D x

At the same time her, and Dom both turned back to look at the package on the steps, knowing what would be inside, Dom yelled at the others, "Get down!"

Right as the box blew up, Dom grabbed both Mia and Brielle protecting their bodies as Brian slammed the van door shut.

The entire house blew up, the blast sending the three down the remaining steps and slamming Brian into the van, hard enough that the window cracked but didn't shatter.

Brielle let out a pained grunt, breathing heavily, still holding the picture in her hand, as she looked up at what she had called her home for so many years, tumbling to the ground. Mia looked up and over to the van, "JACK!" She quickly got to her feet and ran over as Brian stood up, sliding open the door open and pulling out their son from his car seat, checking him over as he cried.

Dom and Brielle stood up, watching Brian and Mia comfort their son, holding each other tightly. "Oh my god." Brielle breathed out as she looked over the remains of the house, the black smoke and flames covered what was left. Her ears were ringing slightly as Dom put his arm around her shoulder, as she looked at the photograph.

Brielle let out a shaky breath as Dom looked at the photograph in her hand, she looked up at him with a knowing look as he analysed the people in the photo, Brielle sighed, "The sins of London have followed us home. And I know just who's responsible."

☆☆☆☆☆