°𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓

In seconds, Marc transformed into the white suit of the man you met yesterday. The man who saved your life. He stood straight up, the suit seeming to come from the air. Pieces of the suit would seemingly melt onto his body and there he stood in front of you. 

You blinked a few times before taking small steps toward him

You blinked a few times before taking small steps toward him. You raised your hand slowly, running your fingers over the material. Your head moved upwards to look at his mask before the material was pulled off of him and he was left in his normal clothes again. 

The two of you gazed at each other for a few moments. Your eyes scanning his. 

"So what now. How do you expect to stop Harrow, do you even know where he is?" you asked.

"Egypt" he responded, walking over to a desk with papers scrambled all across. 

You resisted the urge to roll your eyes. Of course, he was in Egypt. 

"Okay, so what are you going to do? Just take a plane over to Egypt and beat him up with your Moon Knight powers?" you sarcastically said, raising your fists and playfully punching the air.

Marc looked over at you with an incredibly unimpressed look before shaking his head and continuing to scramble through the papers. 

"You know I really prefer Steven much better than you," you remarked as you squinted at him.

Then it hit you. This whole time you've been hanging out with Steven and falling for him, had Marc been in there witnessing it?

"Wait so me and Steve....could you see every-" you began before Marc cut you off.

"Yup. I basically could experience and feel everything he did. You just witness something different on the exterior but internally we both feel everything" he responded, keeping eye contact with you.

Did this mean Marc felt the same way for you that Steven did?  You bit the inside of your lip. If you and Steven had been developing this relationship, what did this mean for you and Marc? You didn't even know if you could stand being around him, let alone dating him. 

You were quiet and Marc noticed this. He knew the (Y/N) he'd been hanging out with for the last little while. She was always outgoing and fun. He knew what she was thinking. Did he feel the same for her as Steven did? Of course, he did. How could anyone not fall for her? But, he couldn't let her know how they felt. It was too dangerous. He'd already told you too much. He couldn't trust himself to keep you safe. Not after what happened to Layla. 

"Just so you know, this doesn't mean I wanna like kiss you or anything like Steven does"

He lied through his teeth. He had to push you away.

You didn't know what to say. Your eyes peered down at your shoelaces before giving Marc a nod. "Noted" you spoke softly.

Marc walked past his window, his head staring down at the paper in his hands. Khonshu had sent him, well sent Steven, some maps of Egypt that was now crumpled because Steven thought it was a genius idea to throw them out. 

"Marc, I'm going to jump out of this window and kill us both" Steven spoke in his reflection, his eyebrows furrowed. He couldn't understand why Marc was being this way. You see, Steven had no memory of what had happened to Marc's former love, Layla. 

"No, you're not, as long as I'm in control we're-" Marc began.

"Can you give Steven um, control? I haven't spoken to him in weeks" you asked quietly.

Marc turned to look at you. It killed him inside that you didn't like him. That he had to be so cruel to you. But it was for your own good. His eyes softened slightly. The least he could do was let you speak to him. 

You watched as Marc's eyes rolled back. His facial features all became seemingly softer. 

"(Y/N)?" the familiar voice spoke. 

You stepped towards him and wrapped your arms around him. Hugging Steven tightly. You'd missed him. After a few seconds, he wrapped his arms around you. 

"I'm so sorry about him, I really am. He's so cold and I don't know why" he spoke apologetically, letting go of your body so he could stand back and look at you. 

"Steven, there's no reason for you to apologize. He's obviously been through something". 

Internally, Marc felt a pang in his heart. You understood just a small bit of why he acted the way he did. He was jealous of Steven. He was so innocent. Completely unaware of everything Marc had been through. 

"I know but-"

A loud crash in the hallway of the apartment building caused both you and Steven to jump. 

"What was that?" you asked, your heart beating quickly. 

"I-I'm not sure" he stammered, walking towards his front door. 

His hand had just touched the doorknob when the wall blew open by some sort of invisible force. You flew back against the wall, then everything went black.