FIFTY NINE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Every bone in my body felt brittle, I can feel that before my eyes are even open

Every bone in my body felt brittle, I can feel that before my eyes are even open. There is a heavy, thumping sensation inside my head and I groan. Shuffling over on the bed, when my ankle twitches my eyes shoot open and I take one glance around.

I breathe in deeply, a little too quickly that I almost choke. My eyes float from left to right, I'm in the infirmary. Then I glance down at the bandage around my ankle.

Fuck. The rogues. Kassian.

My feet fly from the bed and I attempt to stabilise myself. It felt like some kind of dream, I got him back. I told Everett to take him home. I barely remember anything after killing Parker, how did I get home?

I can feel the weight of my body slump as I exit the room, desperate to find Kassian. Ignoring the pain in my foot and the exhaustion of my soul, everything will feel better when I know that Kassian is safe with my own two eyes.

My feet take small steps, making sure that I didn't topple over from how unbalanced I currently feel. Blinking my eyes rapidly, trying to clear my vision so I can see what is in front of me.

I step outside of the first infirmary room and look down the hall to the rest.

"Kassian!"

My heart rattles inside me. What if he didn't make it back? What if something happened and Everett didn't manage to get him home safe?

I almost double over on the floor and throw up but I keep going. Pushing my way into each room but not seeing him, not smelling him.

"Kassian!"

Gemma approaches from the other end of the hall, straight from her office. "Luna, you shouldn't be out of bed." She shakes her head, walking towards me.

"Where is he?"

Her eyes are sympathetic but she places a hand on my arm. "Cleo, you need to rest."

"Tell me where he is!" My voice booms across the hall and Gemma swallows harshly.

"I will show you where he is," she starts. "But you still need to rest yourself."

My head shakes and I find it hard to breathe, my chest feeling like it weighs a tonne. "I don't care about that."

"You should Luna," her lips pull into a frown.

"I only care about him. Tell me where he is. I need to see him now."

Gemma nods once and I follow her down the hall, she glances over me apprehensively. "He's in a bad way, Cleo," she stops before touching the handle of the furthest door. "He's been sleeping since he came here. We had to put an IV in him, give him antibiotics for the wounds on his back."